Set in a land rooted in ancient Persian mythology, the Prince finds himself caught in an epic battle between the primal forces of light and darkness: the God of Light, Ormazd versus his brother Ahriman, the destructive God of Darkness. The Prince arrives just in time to witness the destruction of the legendary Tree of Life, an act which threatens to plunge the entire world into eternal darkness. Manifested in the form of the Corruption, a dark substance that physically contaminates the land and the skies, the Prince must partner with Elika, a deadly companion, to heal the world from the evil Corruption.
- A new hero emerges: Master the acrobatics, strategy and fighting tactics of the most agile warrior of all time. Grip fall down the face of a building, perform perfectly timed acrobatic combinations, and swing over canyons, buildings and anything that is reachable. This new rogue warrior must utilize all of his new skills, along with a whole new combat system, to battle Ahriman's corrupted lieutenants to heal the land from the dark Corruption and restore the light.
- A new epic journey begins: Escape to experience the new fantasy world of ancient Persia. Masterful storytelling and sprawling environments will deliver to action-adventure fans an experience that rivals even the best Hollywood movies.
- A new open world structure: A first for the Prince of Persia franchise - now you have the freedom to determine how the game evolves in this non-linear adventure. Players will decide how they unfold the storyline by choosing their path in the open-ended world.
- Emergence of a deadly new ally: History's greatest ally is revealed in the form of Elika, a dynamic AI companion who joins the Prince in his fight to save the world. Gifted with magical powers, she interacts with the player in combat, acrobatics and puzzle-solving, enabling the Prince to reach new heights of deadly high-flying artistry through special duo acrobatic moves or devastating fighting combo attacks.
 Hardware Requirements
Supported OS: Windows Vista / Windows XP (only)
Processor: Dual core 2.6 GHz Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)
RAM: 1 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista
Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 10.0/9.0c-compliant, Shader Model 3.0-enabled video card (see supported list*)
Sound Card: DirectX 10.0/9.0c-compliant sound card (5.1 sound card recommended)
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c or 10.0 (included on disc)
DVD-ROM: Dual-layer DVD-ROM drive
Hard Drive Space: 9 GB
Peripherals Supported: Windows-compliant keyboard and mouse (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
- Supported Video Cards at Time of Release
ATI RADEON X1600** / 1650** - 1950 / HD 2000 - 4000 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6800** / 7 / 8 / 9 / GTX 260-280 series
(** PCI Express only supported)
Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported.
These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.
NOTICE: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some disc and virtual drives.