You start out as a simple sailor on a small ship in a local region. At first you explore the world and trade between towns friendly to each other. The aim is to acquire both gold and status; enough to eventually become a governor yourself.
Over time you will gain the increasing interest and goodwill of other governors. You will be able to further enlarge your riches with the initially easy orders and missions that they provide you with.
Port Royale is an empire-building RTS simulation with expansive environments of over 4,000,000 square miles, where players can choose to be one of four great nations; England, France, Spain or Holland, during the battle for colonization. PC gamers will become true buccaneers as they plunder and seize their enemies' villages or as a trader, amass a commanding fleet and strike against the pirates first, while trying to develop their status in society.
- Dynamically open ended world that reacts to the way you play.
- Visually superior graphics, the best water effects seen in any other game in its genre.
- Specifically re-designed A.I. for sea battles.
- Attack foreign towns, forcing them to convert and join your nation or will you spark a war between the different nations?
- 60 different towns with their own ports, trade and build in all of them.
- Over 100 dedicated missions, some relate to real life events.
- The computer is able to randomly generate new missions, giving you thousands of possible outcomes.
- 4 nations to choose from - England, France, Holland or Spain.
- Play as Adventurer, Explorer, Trader, Business Tycoon or Pirate.
- Each building has an important role to play. Create and build up your business empire by erecting new buildings, warehouses, factories, houses and hiring a crew of men.
- Be wary of natural disasters - fire, storms, the Plague.
 Hardware Requirements
System: PII 450 or equivalent
RAM:64 MB RAM
Video Memory: 16 MB VRAM
Sound Board: Yes
DirectX: DirectX v8.1