This Yellow version of Pokemon expands upon the original quest offered in the Blue and Red versions. As a young Pokemon trainer (Ash or Gary), your goal is still to become the greatest Poke-master there ever was by capturing and training up to 150 Pokemon. Pikachu is your Pokemon pal, and you'll need to work together with it to succeed. Trade Pokemon with friends (you'll need to in order to get all the Pokemon) and challenge them to all-new head-to-head battle modes.
As a Pokemon trainer, you must accomplish the task of collecting every single Pokemon there is in the Kanto region, which is 151 to be exact, so happy hunting! You must also train your Pokemon and defeat the eight gym leaders throughout the land. These trainers have specially trained Pokemon and are usually of a certain type so be sure to plan out a strategy first before choosing a battle with them. Once you manage to defeat all eight leaders, then you become eligible to battle against the Elite Four, THE strongest trainers of all.
- Play as Ash Ketchum, a boy on a quest to become the best Pokemon trainer in the world
- Collect all 150 red Pokemon
- Train your creatures and they will evolve into different types
- Trade Pokemon with your friends using the Game Link Cable
- For 1 or 2 player action only
This game is also known as Pocket Monsters Pikachu in Japan.