The Red and Blue versions of Pokemon are the games that started the whole Pokemon craze. As a young Pokemon trainer (Ash or Gary), your goal is become the greatest Poke-master there ever was by capturing and training up to 150 Pokemon. Not all Pokemon are available in one version; you'll need to trade with friends via Game Link cable to catch 'em all!
Your job as a Pokemon trainer is to collect all 151 Pokemon that exist in the Kanto region. Not only that, you must train these Pokemon so that they are strong enough to battle against many different trainers, including your rival and the 8 gym leaders, who you must battle to get the badges needed to battle the ultimate trainers, the Elite Four. You can link up with the Red version to help complete your adventure.
- Play as Ash Ketchum, a boy on a quest to become the best Pokemon trainer in the world
- Collect all 150 blue Pokemon
- Train your creatures and they will evolve into different types
- Trade Pokemon with your friends using the Game Link Cable
- For 1 or 2 player action only
This game is also known as:
- Pocket Monsters Midori in Japan
- Pocket Monsters Ao in Japan