In 2003 the Pokémon franchise entered its Third Generation with the releases of Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire on the Game Boy Advance, bringing players to the Hoenn Region, and not just to explore but to meet a new cast of Pokémon along some familiar Pokémon from the previous two Generations.
The one thing that was missing from that particular release: the new games could not communicate with the previous two Generations due to major coding changes between the last Generation on the Game Boy Color and the first Generation on the Game Boy Advance.
More than eleven years later, a new Generation of gamers will now get to experience an all-new adventure in Hoenn with Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. And for those that played Ruby and/or Sapphire: if you thought you knew the whole story in Hoenn: think again, because the storyline has been expanded and all new features have been added!
 Game Play
For those that aren't familiar, the basic game play formula of a main game in the Pokémon franchise is to catch and train a variety of Pokémon whilst traveling on a Pokémon Journey, visiting towns and cities along the way and challenging their Pokémon Gyms to win Pokémon League Badges.
The overall goal is to defeat the Elite Four and to become the Hoenn Champion, but there are more goals than that along the way to that final goal. Along the journey you'll meet a variety of different Trainers, Breeders and other people who will have their own ways of interacting with Pokémon. Some areas cannot be reached without using a move contained within a Hidden Machine, such as Cut, Surf and Strength, just to name a few.
Eventually you'll come across Team Aqua, and hear of their nefarious scheme to take over the world using the power of Primal Reversion, along with meeting those who wish to stop them!
- Over 200 Pokémon to collect in the Hoenn Pokédex, including some Pokémon that evolve in later Generations such as Rhyperior, Roserade, Mismagius, Dusknoir and Gallade!
- Sneak by walking slowly by barely moving the Circle Pad in that direction, making it possible to encounter Wild Pokémon that could know a move that it normally wouldn't know at that level amongst other surprises!
- Flying on the back of a Latias courtesy of the Eon Flute, exploring Hoenn in a completely new manner!
- Including with Mega Evolution comes Primal Reversion, as you battle the villainous Team Aqua and Kyogre in its Primal form, last seen thousands of years ago!
- And just when you thought you were all done: after becoming the Champion comes the all-new Delta Episode!