Live and die by the sword! Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End is inspired by the events, environments and characters surrounding the second and third installments of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. Players must demonstrate their cunning, swashbuckling creativity and swordsmanship as they encounter all manner of crazed pirates and cursed creatures in treacherous, exotic locations. Play as the eccentric Captain Jack Sparrow, Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann to prevent Jack’s dark past from catching up with him.
Based on the second and third movies of the popular "Pirates of the Caribbean" series, players step into the roles of Captain Jack Sparrow, Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann, as they continue their adventures on the high seas. The game is set up as a 3D action-adventure in a free-roaming world that allows players to explores the islands and seas of the Caribbean.
Players will have to face off again Davy Jones, his Flying Dutchman crew and the villainous kraken in addition to the Chinese pirate Sao Feng, cannibals, other pirates, and the East India Trading Company.
Players must battle their way through the events of "Dead Man's Chest" and "At World's End" using a variety of sword and item attacks, in addition to a system called "Black Pearls", which only allows players to block for so long until the Black Pearls are drained and no longer able to block until it recharges. Each character has their own special attack, and other weapons, such as pistols and daggers, can be found for use in combat.
- Notoriety – Jack's fame as a pirate increases as he strikes fear and admiration into the hearts of his pirate brethren
- Control Captain Jack Sparrow – Take advantage of situations as Jack would, playing to his unique character, wit and guile
- Intelligent Swordplay – Adaptive swashbuckling with intense dueling and acrobatic interaction requiring flamboyant creativity
- Challenge Mode (PlayStation 2 system) – Available in both single and multiplayer mode, players can test their pirating skills in Combat, Combos and Looting
- Action – Experience an exciting world of swordplay, environmental acrobatics, and Pirate shenanigans
- Exhaustive Unlockables – New moves, secret characters, inventory items, weapons and secret locations