or the first time in an action game, the player controls and commands not just soldiers and squads of all levels but also land, sea and air vehicles – both military and civilian – from cars, to APCs, to tanks and even military helicopters.
The scenario is modern warfare: It is 1985, in the midst of the Cold War, and Gorbachev has been elected to power bringing with him policies of glasnost and perestroika. However, resistance Soviet groups are opposed to the new wave and are refusing to serve the new regime in Moscow. One group has taken control of an island community, and is using it as an armed stronghold for the old order. Operation Flashpoint: Elite opens with the player joining the neighbouring US force against the Soviets.
Additionally, a prequel campaign titled Resistance, set years before Operation Flashpoint's Cold War Crisis, has been added. Resistance creates an additional 100km2 island and casts the player as Victor Troska, an experienced ex-Special Forces soldier forced to lead the ramshackle Resistance effort against the Soviets before the invasion of the Malden Islands.
- Drive and Fly over 40 true to life US and Soviet vehicles and aircraft
- Fight using any of 30+ authentic US and Soviet weapons
- 15 solo missions and 7 instant action missions
- Command a squad of troops with an all new intuitive commanding interface
- Play an enthralling campaign with over 30 missions or more than 15 solo missions
- Unlock hidden missions and features including the full 18 mission campaign " Resistance"
- Explore 4 sprawling 100+km battle zones
- Extremely detailed simulation of the environment, including dynamic weather and daytime changes, real star constellation, tide simulation.
- Create your own scenarios using the built in mission editor
- Engage live opponents via XBOX LIVE or system link in over 50 different missions
- Joystick and wheel control support with the ability to switch between controllers at any time during game play
- Engage in realistic immersive combat on XBOX Live