NHL 2K9 is the next installment of the highly anticipated hockey video game which will feature the three-time NHL All-Star and captain of the Columbus Blue Jackets, Rick Nash.
- Pick-Up-And-Play Controls: Fans asked and 2K Sports answered with easy-to-learn controls that still provide depth for the season veteran. With 2K Sports' classic default controls, a player’s first game will be as enjoyable as their one-thousandth, while the new and intuitive hybrid controls will provide the depth experienced vets are looking for.
- Enhanced Gameplay: An updated arsenal of highlight reel-worthy superstar moves, blocked shots, stick-handling moves, hit-by-puck collisions, and a greatly-enhanced skating engine make up for an exciting and all-new hockey experience complete with more than 1,400 new gameplay animations.
- All-New Presentation System: Pre-game intros, menus, new crowd animations, game summary replays, and brand new commentary featuring Randy Hahn and Drew Remenda of the San Jose Sharks bring a fresh new look and sound to NHL 2K9’s visual and audio experience.
- True Hockey Fun!: Fans can indulge in what makes hockey such a unique and fun sport with the addictive Zamboni™ mini-game, user-controlled Stanley Cup™ celebrations, playoff beards, enhanced checking and a brand-new fighting engine.
- Team-Up With Up To 12 Consoles Online: Form a team of up to 6 separate consoles to challenge other teams made of up to 6 consoles for the first-ever NHL 12-console play!
- Reel Maker 2K9: Included this year on both Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION3, fans will be able to save, edit, share and rate user-generated NHL 2K9 highlight reels online through Xbox Live™ and PlayStation Network.
- 2K Beats: Featuring Pennywise, Bad Religion, The Offspring, NOFX, The Ramones, Inner Circle, Mastodon, Operation Ivy, High on Fire and more.