EA SPORTS Open Ice Control adds a new dimension of realism to the gameplay experience. With new five-man motion capture technology, utilize the entire ice surface by simultaneously controlling players without the puck. With tons of new features, and the World Cup of Hockey, NHL 2005 is the hockey experience that is easy to play, but hard to master.
New EA SPORTS Open Ice Control allows players to execute offensive plays such as Give-and-Go's and breakaway passes or call for a defensive double team with the touch of a button. A completely overhauled skating engine captures both the explosive speed of offensive skating and the surgical precision of backwards defensive movement.
EA SPORTS Dynasty Mode goes even deeper with a new, easier to navigate interface, and more interactive GM/owner relationships, including a deep new e-mail system.
NHL 2005 also delivers all the action of the World Cup of Hockey, with International Teams and venues from North America and Europe. In addition to all 30 NHL teams, NHL 2005 includes 39 teams from the Swedish, Finnish and German Elite Leagues, as well as 21 International teams
- Open Ice Control: Seamlessly switch between players with or without the puck with the push of a button.
- Total Player Awareness: With more player awareness than ever before, make saucer passes just before the blueline, call in a second defender to break up a 2-on-1, or fire off wrist shots at the perfect angle on net.
- Face-Off Playbook: New playcalling system allows you to choose offensive and defensive face-off strategies every time the whistle blows.
- The World Cup of Hockey: Take part in this year's World Cup of Hockey featuring teams from USA, Canada, Sweden, Finland, Russia, and more .
- All-New Skating Engine: Glide then use explosive speed to get to the open ice -- now you have more puck-handling and turning control.
- EA Sports FREE4ALL: One net, one goalie, and every man for himself. Up to four can play and the one who scores the most wins.
- Personality-Driven AI: All-new AI recreates the play styles and personalities of the biggest names in the game.
- Dynasty Mode: Gamers take on the role of a GM managing every aspect of their team's operations, from setting ticket prices to calling up a prospect from the minors. A new PDA and email system streamlines communications and adds new depth to owner/GM relations.