The Red Alert 2 mission disk is the largest expansion pack in Westwood's history, adding to the real-time strategy game new Allied units, new Soviet units, new single player campaigns, new multiplayer features, new co-operative campaigns, an hour of filmed story sequences, and an entirely new side: an Army lead by the mysterious psychic warrior, Yuri.
In the original Red Alert 2, Yuri was a controllable unit on the Soviet side. For the mission disk, Yuri breaks from the Soviets and launches his own bid for world domination through psychic technology. Players will take command of a time-traveling task force and go back in time to unravel Yuri's evil plot.
"We were thrilled with the success of Red Alert 2 and really wanted to build on the gameplay for the expansion pack, rather than just add missions," said Mark Skaggs, executive producer of Red Alert 2 and its expansion. "This is the largest, most involved expansion pack in Westwood's history, and we're bringing some really exciting gameplay to our fans."
Key Features of the RA2 Mission Disk:
· Three sides - In multiplayer mode, the player can choose to play any of three sides: the Allies, Soviets, or the new faction: Yuri's psychic army.
· Fourteen new solo campaign missions - Players will chose to lead either the Allies or the Soviets against the new global threat, Yuri.
· Ten new co-op campaign missions - New campaigns to fight with a partner over a LAN or the Internet.
· New units and tech buildings - Thirty new units, vehicles and tech buildings, which present players with new strategic challenges and opportunities.
· Exotic Locales - Players fight and take control of exotic cities all over the earth, and beyond, such as San Francisco, Sydney, Hollywood, Seattle, London, Cairo, Transylvania and even the moon.
Westwood Studios will continue its tradition of producing movie-quality cut scenes in the mission disk. The original Red Alert 2 live-action cast, including Udo Kier as Yuri and Kari Wuhrer as Tanya, will return to Westwood this month to film the cut-scenes that will advance the story during gameplay.
Westwood Studios is a prominent publisher of best-selling PC, and next-generation console games. Formed in 1985, Westwood Studios has released several popular titles including: Dune 2000, the Lands of Lore series, the Kyrandia adventure trilogy, Monopoly for the Internet, Blade Runner and the Command & Conquer product line.
- Yakuza 0 release date confirmed, prepare for The Business edition on January 24, 2017 
- Dishonored 2 pre-orders include 24 hour early access 
- Microsoft accidentally shipped an Xbox One instead of a laptop before the system was announced 
- Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition rated by Brazil Advisory Rating Board for PC, Xbox One, and PS4 
- Portal may be getting an announcement soon after next week's meeting with Valve 
- Battleborn to get trial version, free to play rumor a "reckless story" 
- No Man's Sky is under investigation by the UK's Advertising Standards Authority 
- Rumor: Destiny 2 brings the MMO to PC, but say goodbye to your Destiny characters 
- Sony nukes PS4 mod support for Fallout 4, Skyrim Special Edition 
- Michael Pachter calls PC gamers "arrogant twits," says they're "like racists" 
- Pokémon Moon to be set twelve hours ahead of current 3DS time 
- Digital Homicide sues over 100 Steam users for saying mean words on the Internet 
- Netflix files complaint with FCC against Internet providers with "unreasonable" data caps 
- PS4 gamers may have to pay for HDR patches from third party publishers 
- Thu, Sep 29
- Battleborn to get trial version, free to play rumor a "reckless story"
- Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition rated by Brazil Advisory Rating Board for PC, Xbox One, and PS4
- Portal may be getting an announcement soon after next week's meeting with Valve
- Dishonored 2 pre-orders include 24 hour early access
- Wed, Sep 28
- Pokémon GO has received 72 complaints with the Federal Trade Commission since its release
- Rumor: Destiny 2 brings the MMO to PC, but say goodbye to your Destiny characters
- No Man's Sky is under investigation by the UK's Advertising Standards Authority
- Wasteland 3 revealed with multiplayer, crowdfunding begins October 5
- Tue, Sep 27
- 3DS Pokémon gamers have a second chance at Darkrai, get it before October 31
- Yakuza 0 release date confirmed, prepare for The Business edition on January 24, 2017
Latest Net Reviews
|·||Reeven Justice RC-1204|
|·||Creative Sound Blaster X7|
|·||EK Water Blocks EK-XLC Predator 280|
|·||Cougar Immersa (French)|