There's not much hoo-ha around this release. Probably because it's not all that exciting. Wait a few weeks though, and we should see the P4 1.7Ghz Announcement (April 23rd is what Cnet says). Woo!
SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 9, 2001 - Intel Corporation today released the Intel® Celeron processor at 850 MHz, the company's fastest offering for desktop value PCs.
Intel Celeron processors include design features such as 128 KB of on-chip level-two cache with a high-bandwidth interface to the processor core. The Intel Celeron processor line continues to lead the value PC market segment worldwide.
In 1,000-unit quantities, the Intel Celeron processor at 850 MHz costs $138. Intel Celeron processors are now available at 850 and 800 MHz (both with the 100 MHz system bus), as well as at 766, 733, 700, 667 and 633 MHz.
New Intel Celeron Processor 850 MHz for Applied Computing Market Segment
The Celeron processor 850 MHz is also available with extended life-cycle support, the latest addition to Intel's line of embedded processors and chipsets. Extended life-cycle support benefits applied computing developers who utilize high-performance computer technology in products such as communications equipment, transaction terminals and industrial devices.
Intel, the world's largest chip maker, is also a leading manufacturer of computer, networking and communications products. Additional information about Intel is available at www.intel.com/pressroom.
- Multiplayer would be so much better if we talked to each other instead of insulting your mom 
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor trades urban cityscapes for feral and heavily irradiated wilderness 
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare blasts off this November 4 on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 
- Steam user review system updated to prioritize more recent reviews over early ones 
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens reveals new adventures in honor of Star Wars day 
- Project X Zone has inexplicably disappeared from the Nintendo 3DS eShop 
- Pokémon Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow are Nintendo's most popular downloaded games 
- Dishonored 2 delivers arcane assassination on November 11 
- Fallout 4 wins BAFTA's Game of the Year award 
- Amazon is now requiring a Prime membership to purchase select video games 
- May 2016 issue of CoroCoro teases (actual) Pokémon Sun & Moon reveal 
- Rumor: PlayStation 4K codenamed "NEO," Sony forgot the "seeker" 
- Miitomo's success paves the way for Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem to go mobile this fall 
- Legend of Zelda Wii U now delayed to 2017, NX version and launch window confirmed 
- Wed, May 04
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor trades urban cityscapes for feral and heavily irradiated wilderness
- Multiplayer would be so much better if we talked to each other instead of insulting your mom
- Steam user review system updated to prioritize more recent reviews over early ones
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens reveals new adventures in honor of Star Wars day
- Tue, May 03
- Project X Zone has inexplicably disappeared from the Nintendo 3DS eShop
- Super Meat Boy coming to Wii U systems May 12 courtesy of BlitWorks
- Dishonored 2 delivers arcane assassination on November 11
- Mon, May 02
- From Software lineup reel teases a PlayStation VR title for 2017
- Mighty No. 9 goes gold, receives a new release date of June 21 for everyone but 3DS and Vita
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare blasts off this November 4 on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4
Latest Net Reviews
|·||AMD Radeon Pro Duo|
|·||SilverStone Strider Titanium|
|·||Corsair Carbide Spec-Alpha|
|·||ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP!|
|·||Cooler Master CM Storm Quick Fire XTi|