First we heard that the much anticipated Fable II Knothole Island DLC was to be out early December. This proved to be misinformation, and Knothole Island was set for December 22, though technical problems would bring out a dreaded delay and more uncertainty.
At the time, we knew the DLC and updates would be out by January 2009, and so Lionhead tries to deliver yet again. The Knothole Island DLC has a new official release date -- January 13.
In another week's time, eager fans should be able to find the new content on XBL, along with a free content update that will presumably fix a few bugs, allow gamers to play with their friends even if one of them hasn't purchased the DLC, and introduce several new items: Knight's Boots, Assassin's Gloves, a Weight Loss Potion, collectible silver book, and more. Of course, the DLC itself will introduce a whole new explorable region to Fable II.
Here is a nifty little list of key features to expect:
- Embark on 3 unique quests set in 3 unique dungeons.
- Unravel the mystical secrets of the resurrection shrine.
- Try on a whole new range of outfits and look like an armoured knight, an assassin, a barbarian or a leather-clad biker, among many others.
- Brandish 6 new weapons.
- Dozens of unique potions that will drastically alter your appearance.
- Customise your weapons the way you want with the new augment tool and a whole new array of augments.
- +50 additional leaderboards.