Thanks to this acquisition, Ubi Soft, one of the world leaders in interactive entertainment, becomes the publisher of the next two episodes of the Myst series and grows its catalog by more than 80 titles, including other world-renowned brands like Pool of Radiance, Prince of Persia, Chessmaster and Harpoon. Additionally this new operation in the U.S. considerably reinforces the presence of the Ubi Soft group in North America.
Myst represents a turning point in the history of video games, with its surreal setting, sparse yet poetic storyline and breathtaking graphics. Since its creation in 1993, Myst and its various sequels have been in the top 10 of video game sales on all formats, with more than 10 million copies sold worldwide. The May 7th release of Myst III: Exile on PC and Mac will carry the legend forward, as sales for the game are estimated to surpass a million copies worldwide. Ubi Soft will also bring this game to the new generation consoles.
This acquisition confers upon Ubi Soft the exclusive publishing rights to 88 titles. Among these titles are such leading brands as Pool of Radiance, The Legend of Alon DAr, Earth 2150: The Moon Project, Championship Surfer, Silent Hunter II, and Dogz, and Catz. These games will enrich Ubi Soft's strong brand catalog with diverse titles that include adventure, role-playing and sports games, all geared toward an adult target audience. Ubi Soft thus fills out its PC offerings, which should represent more than a third of its global catalog over the next twelve months. Additionally, the acquisition of TLCs Entertainment Division allows the Ubi Soft group to reinforce its position in the U.S. through the integration of the company based in Novato, California, as well as through numerous contracts with first-rate American development studios. Moreover, Ubi Soft anticipates that Myst III: Exile will be the best selling PC product in the U.S.
The contribution to 2001-2002 market sales is estimated to be more than 40 million Euros (37 million dollars) with a positive impact on the profitability of Ubi Soft. This acquisition investment should pay for itself very quickly.
Following on the heels of the acquisition of Red Storm Entertainment in August 2000 and of Blue Byte Software in February of 2001, this latest operation is consistent with Ubi Soft's selective acquisition strategy of strong brands. It will bring Ubi Soft a step closer to becoming one of the world's top five publishers, with a goal of 1.5 billion dollars in annual revenues by 2005/2006.
- I Am Setsuna now available, prepare yourself for classic JRPG goodness on PS4 and Steam 
- Pokémon GO Plus accessory delayed until September, keep your eyes on the phone 
- Level-5 reveals Lady Layton, meet the puzzle professor's daughter 
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 trailer shows off new transformations, power pole, and Flying Nimbus 
- Sega re-enters the console wars with mini Mega Drive, 80 games plus cartridge slot 
- Rumor: Nintendo NX to be portable console with cartridges and NVIDIA Tegra processor 
- Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past battle trailer warns of King Slimes 
- BATMAN - The Telltale Series multiplayer to feature crowd play, Twitch plays Batman 
- The Nintendo Entertainment System will launch November 11 for $59.99 
- July CoroCoro leak introduces two new Pokémon, meet Kiteruguma and Mimikkyu 
- Pokémon GO blamed in shooting death of Guatemalan teen during home invasion 
- Summer Games Done Quick 2016 starts on Sunday, watch the race for charity here 
- Nintendo stock prices skyrocket as Pokémon GO places Eevees in the highway 
- Seven new Pokémon announced for Sun & Moon, see 'em all in a new trailer 
- Thu, Jul 28
- Explore Yooka-Laylee in special Toybox demo, exclusive to Kickstarter backers
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 is Japan's best selling game so far in 2016
- Nep-Nep Connect: Chaos Chanpuru will bring Compile Heart to Vita's card table in Japan
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 trailer shows off new transformations, power pole, and Flying Nimbus
- Wed, Jul 27
- Level-5 reveals Lady Layton, meet the puzzle professor's daughter
- Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past battle trailer warns of King Slimes
- BATMAN - The Telltale Series multiplayer to feature crowd play, Twitch plays Batman
- Pokémon GO Plus accessory delayed until September, keep your eyes on the phone
- Tue, Jul 26
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI sees Catherine de Medici ruling the French through subterfuge
- Rumor: Nintendo NX to be portable console with cartridges and NVIDIA Tegra processor
Latest Net Reviews
|·||Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming Premium Pack|
|·||Synology DiskStation DS916+|
|·||SanDisk SSD Plus|
|·||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 1070 and 1080 Review (German)|
|·||Gigabyte GA-X99-Ultra Gaming|
|·||Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 8G GDDR5 OC|