Thanks to this acquisition, Ubi Soft, one of the world leaders in interactive entertainment, becomes the publisher of the next two episodes of the Myst series and grows its catalog by more than 80 titles, including other world-renowned brands like Pool of Radiance, Prince of Persia, Chessmaster and Harpoon. Additionally this new operation in the U.S. considerably reinforces the presence of the Ubi Soft group in North America.
Myst represents a turning point in the history of video games, with its surreal setting, sparse yet poetic storyline and breathtaking graphics. Since its creation in 1993, Myst and its various sequels have been in the top 10 of video game sales on all formats, with more than 10 million copies sold worldwide. The May 7th release of Myst III: Exile on PC and Mac will carry the legend forward, as sales for the game are estimated to surpass a million copies worldwide. Ubi Soft will also bring this game to the new generation consoles.
This acquisition confers upon Ubi Soft the exclusive publishing rights to 88 titles. Among these titles are such leading brands as Pool of Radiance, The Legend of Alon DAr, Earth 2150: The Moon Project, Championship Surfer, Silent Hunter II, and Dogz, and Catz. These games will enrich Ubi Soft's strong brand catalog with diverse titles that include adventure, role-playing and sports games, all geared toward an adult target audience. Ubi Soft thus fills out its PC offerings, which should represent more than a third of its global catalog over the next twelve months. Additionally, the acquisition of TLCs Entertainment Division allows the Ubi Soft group to reinforce its position in the U.S. through the integration of the company based in Novato, California, as well as through numerous contracts with first-rate American development studios. Moreover, Ubi Soft anticipates that Myst III: Exile will be the best selling PC product in the U.S.
The contribution to 2001-2002 market sales is estimated to be more than 40 million Euros (37 million dollars) with a positive impact on the profitability of Ubi Soft. This acquisition investment should pay for itself very quickly.
Following on the heels of the acquisition of Red Storm Entertainment in August 2000 and of Blue Byte Software in February of 2001, this latest operation is consistent with Ubi Soft's selective acquisition strategy of strong brands. It will bring Ubi Soft a step closer to becoming one of the world's top five publishers, with a goal of 1.5 billion dollars in annual revenues by 2005/2006.
- Mighty No. 9 goes gold, receives a new release date of June 21 for everyone but 3DS and Vita 
- From Software lineup reel teases a PlayStation VR title for 2017 
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare blasts off this November 4 on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 
- Super Meat Boy coming to Wii U systems May 12 courtesy of BlitWorks 
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE takes the stage this June 24th with original JP voice acting and songs 
- Pokémon Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow are Nintendo's most popular downloaded games 
- Mighty No. 9 is now a summer 2016 release according to EB Games 
- Amazon found liable for unauthorized in-app game purchases by children as parents rejoice 
- Fallout 4 wins BAFTA's Game of the Year award 
- Amazon is now requiring a Prime membership to purchase select video games 
- May 2016 issue of CoroCoro teases (actual) Pokémon Sun & Moon reveal 
- Tracer prepares her new victory pose for Heroes of the Storm starting April 19 
- Rumor: PlayStation 4K codenamed "NEO," Sony forgot the "seeker" 
- Miitomo's success paves the way for Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem to go mobile this fall 
- Tue, May 03
- Super Meat Boy coming to Wii U systems May 12 courtesy of BlitWorks
- Dishonored 2 delivers arcane assassination on November 11
- Mon, May 02
- From Software lineup reel teases a PlayStation VR title for 2017
- Mighty No. 9 goes gold, receives a new release date of June 21 for everyone but 3DS and Vita
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare blasts off this November 4 on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4
- Fri, Apr 29
- Kimishima: Nintendo to reduce Wii U production this fiscal year, 800,000 units expected to ship
- Mighty No. 9 is now a summer 2016 release according to EB Games
- EA hypes Battlefield announcement at World Premiere event on May 6
- Thu, Apr 28
- Pikachu-themed Pokkén Tournament controller announced, duke it out with the electric mascot
- Pokémon Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow are Nintendo's most popular downloaded games
Latest Net Reviews
|·||ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP!|
|·||Cooler Master CM Storm Quick Fire XTi|
|·||SteelSeries Rival 300 (German)|
|·||ASRock Z170 Extreme4|
|·||Silverstone ST70F-TI (French)|