Konami has announced downloadable content for their famed Metal Gear Online game in the form of the MEME EXPANSION. This is coming to you next week -- November 25.
So the obvious questions are 'what do I get?' and 'how much is it?'. First one's first; this one works best in list form so here you are:
- two new special characters (Liquid Ocelot, Mei Ling)
- three new maps
- new optional rules ('No Headshot', 'Stealth Death Match', 'Interval')
- new funny items (Crocodile Cap, Ghillie Suite camo, afro hair)
Liquid Ocelot can manipulate the Sons of the Patriots’ lock system using his Guns of the Patriots skills, and is able to deactivate weaponry of a target within the multiplayer modes. Mei Ling, meanwhile, comes with three attributes, including the Trench Mortar weapon, Soliton Sonar capabilities, and the means to 'transfix' enemies.
As for the maps -- it's said with the rough, uneven industrial elements of Silo Sunset, the dense foliage of Forest Firefight and a snow-blown deserted factory called Winter Warehouse are now available for the first time.
Rules (note that these are available now, separate from the expansion):
- 'No Headshot' - same amount of damage done to the head as any other body part
- 'Stealth Deathmatch' - stealth elements are switched on automatically
- 'Interval' - a practice mode where users can play and chat without any consequences, including ranking or records
Moreover, an official Tournament lobby has been created, putting players in battle situations where points are up for grabs and can be spent on character customization or new gear, which includes the new items mentioned above. It's not exactly clear if this will be implemented regardless of the expansion or not...
So, price. 7,99 Euro for this pack or 12,99 Euro (about $10 and $17 USD) for the MEME EXPANSION and the previously released GENE EXPANSION. You can purchase these from November 18 on, but the new additions won't take effect until November 25. A bunch of screenshots of the new content are below. Happy stealthing!