Now if I had a dollar for every person who has asked me if I planned to play Age of Conan. Regardless of my answer to them, the Norwegian developed MMO has been topping the charts for over a month now.
GamesIndustry.biz reports that Age of Conan: Hybrodian Adventures was the top selling PC game in the U.S. across all categories in the month of May. The MMO remains number one throughout the week ending on June 7.
The NPD group has released its U.S. PC game sales data, showing the top ten best sellers effective through the week of June 7. The list is as follows:
- Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures
- Mass Effect
- Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
- The Sims 2 Double Deluxe
- World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest
- The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff Expansion Pack
- World Of Warcraft
- World Of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Expansion Pack
- The Sims 2 FreeTime Expansion Pack
This is good news for Funcom and Eidos, though it is doubtful that AoC's popularity is swaying competitors like Blizzard and EA. With the new World of Warcraft expansion, Wrath of the Lich King, coming out later this year, the PC gaming world is seeing quite a bit of action in 2008.