Some interesting AMD tidbits...
It looks like Phenom's may not be released until early Q1, 2008 - this will hurt AMD stock prices even more, however if the performance ends up being ... phenomenal ... then some people may just snap up some "cheap" AMD stock in Q3.
The single socket FX-80 will be introduced somewhere between 2.2GHz to 2.4GHz - not having the speed fixed yet suggests some yield issues at the present time.
The dual socket capable FX-90 is also apparently slated for between 2.2-2.4GHz, and the FX-91 at 2.4-2.6GHz.
The FX-9x's parts are all AM2+, socket 1207+ chips.
Just to confuse us mere mortals some more, AMD is apparently going to be revamping the naming scheme for its whole processor product line.
A four digit code will indicate the series - 7xxx parts will be quad core parts, and 6xxx parts will be dual core parts; with GP-7000 and GP7100 being expected in Q4 - unless they too slip to Q1/08.
To confuse us even more, just like with the FX-9x parts, the 7000's are described as 2.0-2.2GHz parts, and the 7100's as 2.2-2.4GHz parts. Ouch my aching head. The 6800 (shades of old Motorola) will be somewhere in the wide range of 2.4-2.8GHz (why bother specifying any speeds at this point if they don't yet know how the parts will bin?) and the 6650 and 6550 will come with ranges .2GHz lower for each step. Sigh.
Why don't they do something a little bit more logical?
How about a four digit numbering scheme such as
where S is the number of sockets, C is the number of cores, and GG is the speed in hundreds of Gigahertz .. so for example, a single socket quad core 2.4GHz part would be 1424... simple, no?
- Pokémon GO Plus accessory delayed until September, keep your eyes on the phone 
- I Am Setsuna now available, prepare yourself for classic JRPG goodness on PS4 and Steam 
- Level-5 reveals Lady Layton, meet the puzzle professor's daughter 
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 trailer shows off new transformations, power pole, and Flying Nimbus 
- Sega re-enters the console wars with mini Mega Drive, 80 games plus cartridge slot 
- Rumor: Nintendo NX to be portable console with cartridges and NVIDIA Tegra processor 
- Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past battle trailer warns of King Slimes 
- BATMAN - The Telltale Series multiplayer to feature crowd play, Twitch plays Batman 
- The Nintendo Entertainment System will launch November 11 for $59.99 
- July CoroCoro leak introduces two new Pokémon, meet Kiteruguma and Mimikkyu 
- Pokémon GO blamed in shooting death of Guatemalan teen during home invasion 
- Summer Games Done Quick 2016 starts on Sunday, watch the race for charity here 
- Nintendo stock prices skyrocket as Pokémon GO places Eevees in the highway 
- Pokémon GO trainers asked to stop catching Pokémon in The Holocaust Museum 
- Thu, Jul 28
- Explore Yooka-Laylee in special Toybox demo, exclusive to Kickstarter backers
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 is Japan's best selling game so far in 2016
- Nep-Nep Connect: Chaos Chanpuru will bring Compile Heart to Vita's card table in Japan
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 trailer shows off new transformations, power pole, and Flying Nimbus
- Wed, Jul 27
- Level-5 reveals Lady Layton, meet the puzzle professor's daughter
- Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past battle trailer warns of King Slimes
- BATMAN - The Telltale Series multiplayer to feature crowd play, Twitch plays Batman
- Pokémon GO Plus accessory delayed until September, keep your eyes on the phone
- Tue, Jul 26
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI sees Catherine de Medici ruling the French through subterfuge
- Rumor: Nintendo NX to be portable console with cartridges and NVIDIA Tegra processor
Latest Net Reviews
|·||Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming Premium Pack|
|·||Synology DiskStation DS916+|
|·||SanDisk SSD Plus|
|·||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 1070 and 1080 Review (German)|
|·||Gigabyte GA-X99-Ultra Gaming|
|·||Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 8G GDDR5 OC|