Today is the day folks, Flatout fans across North America can rest easy that the sequel Flatout 2 is here. Hitting the PS2, Xbox and PC Flatout 2 is set to blow away the fans one more time. Packing an updated physics engine, faster track designs and many more improvements, new vehicles, a more developed career mode, more tracks more mini-games and online multiplayer modes Flatout 2 has set out to hopefully fulfill some of those key items that gamers have been waiting for.
* Bigger variety of race environments including Big City, L.A. Storm Drains, Rocky Mountain Forest, Corn Fields and Desert
* Increased number of tracks with alternate track routes included for the first time
* Enhanced Championship Mode with multiple cups across increasing difficultly levels
* Twice as many vehicles plus additional car types-- muscle cars, sports cars, pickup trucks and compacts
* Garage feature allows player to now own multiple vehicles
* Unlockable bonuses including additional cars, Championship Cups and Destruction Arenas
* Improved opponent AI with each AI driver represented by a character and exhibiting a unique driving style
* MULTIPLAYER SUPPORT:
Online multiplayer modes - up to six players on PlayStation 2 and eight players on Xbox
Four player offline split screen Multiplayer mode on Xbox; two player on PlayStation 2
Now available online! -- Destruction Derby Arenas
Flatout 2 is developed by Bugbear Entertainment and is being distributed in North America by Vivendi Games, the title carries a universal retail price of $39.99
Personally if the game delivers as much action as we've seen in the trailer then there's little doubt Flatout 2 is going to start spreading with gamers. We'll hopefully be looking at the title in a review soon so stay tuned.