"Moscow - November 14, 2003 - Nival Interactive is pleased to announce Blitzkrieg II - its new RTS game set in the backdrop of World War II. The work on the new project started in January, 2003.
Blitzkrieg II builds upon the success of our best selling RTS Blitzkrieg with a new focus on fast-paced gameplay, a strategic layer and new tactical opportunities. A completely new engine takes WWII into full 3D where players can command famous aces and units, strategically plan battles in multiple theatres, choose their reinforcements and use a wide range of new unit types such as aircraft and ships. Players will also be able to compete against each other online supported by a matchmaking server with a new multiplayer mode and a rating system.
Blitzkrieg II Key Features
Real War - Fight on every major front of WWII from the heart of Europe to the blistering sands of Africa and the deadly jungle isles of the Pacific. Hundreds of authentic weapons, vehicles and infantry fight on land, sea and air in 4 campaigns that span the globe!
Real Heroes - Take command of real life heroes, aces and leaders to give your army the tactical edge in historic battles. You'll be able to send the 101st Screaming Eagles into Bastogne, use Vasily Zaitsev to take down infantry in Stalingrad or Michael Wittmann to counterattack Allied armor in France.
Real Strategy - Choose what missions to fight, what troops to use, and when to call in reinforcements. Completing objectives and capturing strategic locations like train stations or airfields in each mission will help you to win the missions that follow. Each mission has multiple primary and secondary objectives that are connected to other missions, to provide limitless strategic choices.
- Totally destructible environments, structures & units
- Units progress, gain experience and upgrade the more you use them
- Earn promotions and medals for your success on the battlefield
- Use 3D terrain & weather to your advantage as they affect your troops in the field
- Order engineers to build your defense lines or to destroy buildings and bridges
- Rumor: Nintendo NX to be portable console with cartridges and NVIDIA Tegra processor 
- Sega re-enters the console wars with mini Mega Drive, 80 games plus cartridge slot 
- Level-5 reveals Lady Layton, meet the puzzle professor's daughter 
- Pokémon GO Plus accessory delayed until September, keep your eyes on the phone 
- Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past battle trailer warns of King Slimes 
- BATMAN - The Telltale Series multiplayer to feature crowd play, Twitch plays Batman 
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI sees Catherine de Medici ruling the French through subterfuge 
- Pokémon GO responsible for falling Nintendo stocks, Slowpoke finally caught on 
- The Nintendo Entertainment System will launch November 11 for $59.99 
- July CoroCoro leak introduces two new Pokémon, meet Kiteruguma and Mimikkyu 
- Pokémon GO blamed in shooting death of Guatemalan teen during home invasion 
- Summer Games Done Quick 2016 starts on Sunday, watch the race for charity here 
- Nintendo stock prices skyrocket as Pokémon GO places Eevees in the highway 
- Pokémon GO trainers asked to stop catching Pokémon in The Holocaust Museum 
- Wed, Jul 27
- Level-5 reveals Lady Layton, meet the puzzle professor's daughter
- Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past battle trailer warns of King Slimes
- BATMAN - The Telltale Series multiplayer to feature crowd play, Twitch plays Batman
- Pokémon GO Plus accessory delayed until September, keep your eyes on the phone
- Tue, Jul 26
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI sees Catherine de Medici ruling the French through subterfuge
- Rumor: Nintendo NX to be portable console with cartridges and NVIDIA Tegra processor
- Classic and Modern Sonic the Hedgehog join forces in Project Sonic 2017
- Sega re-enters the console wars with mini Mega Drive, 80 games plus cartridge slot
- Mon, Jul 25
- Summon Night 6 crosses borders with hefty Wonderful Edition bundle
- Pokémon GO responsible for falling Nintendo stocks, Slowpoke finally caught on