"LOS ANGELES, Calif. (October 6, 2003) - Square Enix U.S.A., Inc., the publisher of Square Enix products in North America, announced today that FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows, the first online title in the world-renowned series, will begin shipping to North American retailers on October 28. FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows will include the "Rise of the Zilart" expansion pack and other applications on five CD-ROM discs and carries a suggested retail price of $49.99 (USD).
FINAL FANTASY XI subscribers will receive their first 30 days of access without charge. Aside from Internet service provider access charges, the free trial period will begin on the date players create their first "Content ID" or character. Any additional "Content IDs" purchased are also available without charge until the end of the free trial period. After 30 days, players can continue to play FINAL FANTASY XI by paying a monthly fee of $12.95 (USD) for one FINAL FANTASY XI character, and can create up to 15 additional characters for an additional charge of $1.00 (USD) per character, per month. Tetra Master, the online version of the wildly popular and addictive mini-game from FINAL FANTASY IX, will also be included in the package and will be available for $1.00 (USD) per month. Payment for monthly access charges must be made by credit card only (restrictions apply).
Marketing and Promotional Partners
In addition to a targeted marketing campaign that includes national print and online media in the top gaming and computer gaming magazines and websites, Square Enix has united with several promotional partners in its marketing efforts for FINAL FANTASY XI. Included is a giveaway by Alienware for its "Area 51" desktop PC that comes bundled with FINAL FANTASY XI and co-branded print ads with NVIDIA. In addition, the premiere online games destination, AOL Games, will debut a comprehensive programming package around the launch of the new game beginning October 21 available at AOL Keyword: Video Games.
FINAL FANTASY XI
In FINAL FANTASY XI, players will undertake multiple adventures through vast environments in the world of "Vana'diel," which has more than 100 areas to explore, including mountains, forests, ice plains, deserts, oceans, rivers, castles, and dungeons. The game allows players to create their alter ego that will exist in the world of Vana'diel, choosing from a variety of races, facial features, hairstyles and colors. They will be able to play at their own pace and form parties by utilizing the various communication tools that have been incorporated into FINAL FANTASY XI, including easy-to-use chat and messaging systems. The inclusion of "Rise of the Zilart" will expand the storyline and open up a variety of higher-level skills and abilities.
The first cross-platform, cross-continent massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), FINAL FANTASY XI allows gamers to connect to the same exact world regardless of whether they are playing on a personal computer (PC) or PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system and whether they are playing in North America or Japan."
- Street Fighter V story mode will come with Balrog and Ibuki starting July 1 
- Tencent buys 84% stake in Clash of Clans developer Supercell for $8.6 billion 
- Microsoft tried to team up with Nintendo and Sony before making the Xbox 
- Animation Throwdown: The Quest for Cards brings Bender and Peter Griffin to the card table 
- Yacht Club Games wants your opinion on what their next game should be 
- Sonic Team confirms new Sonic game ahead of 25th Anniversary event 
- Paypal UK confirms start date for annual Steam summer sale, kiss your wallet goodbye June 23 
- Pokémon Sun and Moon get a limited edition New 3DS XL in Europe 
- Microsoft's E3 2016 conference starts at 9:30am PT, watch and discuss here 
- Sony rocks Los Angeles at E3 2016 with God of War reveal, press conference archive stream 
- Ubisoft's E3 2016 showcase has ended, archive stream available 
- Nintendo Treehouse's E3 presentation highlights Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Pokémon Sun/Moon 
- Rumor: Skyrim remaster to be announced at E3, take a remastered arrow to the knee 
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age brings an HD version of Ivalice to PlayStation 4 in 2017 
- Mon, Jun 27
- Animation Throwdown: The Quest for Cards brings Bender and Peter Griffin to the card table
- Street Fighter V story mode will come with Balrog and Ibuki starting July 1
- Megadimension Neptunia VII launches on Steam with free DLC July 5
- Fri, Jun 24
- Microsoft tried to team up with Nintendo and Sony before making the Xbox
- BATMAN - The Telltale Series will finish season one in 2016
- Yacht Club Games wants your opinion on what their next game should be
- Thu, Jun 23
- Sonic Team confirms new Sonic game ahead of 25th Anniversary event
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 infiltrates history as Frieza and Cooler team up
- Marin wakes the Windfish in next week's Hyrule Warriors: Legends DLC update
- Berserk Musou announced for September 21 release in Japan, coming west
Latest Net Reviews
|·||Thermaltake Core P5|
|·||Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB|
|·||Asus ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING|
|·||Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX|