"LOS ANGELES, Calif. (October 6, 2003) - Square Enix U.S.A., Inc., the publisher of Square Enix products in North America, announced today that FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows, the first online title in the world-renowned series, will begin shipping to North American retailers on October 28. FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows will include the "Rise of the Zilart" expansion pack and other applications on five CD-ROM discs and carries a suggested retail price of $49.99 (USD).
FINAL FANTASY XI subscribers will receive their first 30 days of access without charge. Aside from Internet service provider access charges, the free trial period will begin on the date players create their first "Content ID" or character. Any additional "Content IDs" purchased are also available without charge until the end of the free trial period. After 30 days, players can continue to play FINAL FANTASY XI by paying a monthly fee of $12.95 (USD) for one FINAL FANTASY XI character, and can create up to 15 additional characters for an additional charge of $1.00 (USD) per character, per month. Tetra Master, the online version of the wildly popular and addictive mini-game from FINAL FANTASY IX, will also be included in the package and will be available for $1.00 (USD) per month. Payment for monthly access charges must be made by credit card only (restrictions apply).
Marketing and Promotional Partners
In addition to a targeted marketing campaign that includes national print and online media in the top gaming and computer gaming magazines and websites, Square Enix has united with several promotional partners in its marketing efforts for FINAL FANTASY XI. Included is a giveaway by Alienware for its "Area 51" desktop PC that comes bundled with FINAL FANTASY XI and co-branded print ads with NVIDIA. In addition, the premiere online games destination, AOL Games, will debut a comprehensive programming package around the launch of the new game beginning October 21 available at AOL Keyword: Video Games.
FINAL FANTASY XI
In FINAL FANTASY XI, players will undertake multiple adventures through vast environments in the world of "Vana'diel," which has more than 100 areas to explore, including mountains, forests, ice plains, deserts, oceans, rivers, castles, and dungeons. The game allows players to create their alter ego that will exist in the world of Vana'diel, choosing from a variety of races, facial features, hairstyles and colors. They will be able to play at their own pace and form parties by utilizing the various communication tools that have been incorporated into FINAL FANTASY XI, including easy-to-use chat and messaging systems. The inclusion of "Rise of the Zilart" will expand the storyline and open up a variety of higher-level skills and abilities.
The first cross-platform, cross-continent massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), FINAL FANTASY XI allows gamers to connect to the same exact world regardless of whether they are playing on a personal computer (PC) or PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system and whether they are playing in North America or Japan."
- Pokémon GO Plus accessory delayed until September, keep your eyes on the phone 
- Sega re-enters the console wars with mini Mega Drive, 80 games plus cartridge slot 
- Rumor: Nintendo NX to be portable console with cartridges and NVIDIA Tegra processor 
- Level-5 reveals Lady Layton, meet the puzzle professor's daughter 
- Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past battle trailer warns of King Slimes 
- BATMAN - The Telltale Series multiplayer to feature crowd play, Twitch plays Batman 
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI sees Catherine de Medici ruling the French through subterfuge 
- Pokémon GO responsible for falling Nintendo stocks, Slowpoke finally caught on 
- The Nintendo Entertainment System will launch November 11 for $59.99 
- July CoroCoro leak introduces two new Pokémon, meet Kiteruguma and Mimikkyu 
- Pokémon GO blamed in shooting death of Guatemalan teen during home invasion 
- Summer Games Done Quick 2016 starts on Sunday, watch the race for charity here 
- Nintendo stock prices skyrocket as Pokémon GO places Eevees in the highway 
- Pokémon GO trainers asked to stop catching Pokémon in The Holocaust Museum 
- Thu, Jul 28
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 is Japan's best selling game so far in 2016
- Nep-Nep Connect: Chaos Chanpuru will bring Compile Heart to Vita's card table in Japan
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 trailer shows off new transformations, power pole, and Flying Nimbus
- Wed, Jul 27
- Level-5 reveals Lady Layton, meet the puzzle professor's daughter
- Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past battle trailer warns of King Slimes
- BATMAN - The Telltale Series multiplayer to feature crowd play, Twitch plays Batman
- Pokémon GO Plus accessory delayed until September, keep your eyes on the phone
- Tue, Jul 26
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI sees Catherine de Medici ruling the French through subterfuge
- Rumor: Nintendo NX to be portable console with cartridges and NVIDIA Tegra processor
- Classic and Modern Sonic the Hedgehog join forces in Project Sonic 2017