The heavily anticipated next iteration in the long running Sims franchise, The Sims 4 was released today in North America, Central Asia, and Russia, with other regions a few more days away from unlocking. Unfortunately, as a lot of games these days require patching post-release to fix bugs, The Sims 4 is no different. Its very own day-one patch is being released by Electronic Arts today to fix some of the bugs and issues that have cropped in the final game release.
The patch takes care of some more minor issues along with other more notable bugs that cause the game to crash or hang. Sims dating the Grim Reaper resulted in the game locking up or hanging, which should now be resolved in this patch. EA said that, "The Reaper still loves ya baby, he is just too busy to go on a date with every lovelorn Sim that vies for his attention." A few more issues have also been addressed, with fixes for a crash in Create A Sim caused by the locking and unlocking of computers as well as the game confusing fences for rooms in Build Mode.
More minor concerns such as certain items not remaining unlocked after reload and the gallery freezing while attempting to save a lot of images have also been addressed. Also, a whole host of issues stemming from hibernating babies have been solved.The full list of patch notes are detailed below:
Severe Issues / Crashes:
- Fixed a crash in Build Mode by preventing the game from thinking fences were rooms.
- Fixed a crash in Create A Sim that could occur after the you lock and unlock your computer.
Bug Fixes / Issues:
- Fixed an issue with “Shine on Men’s Suit”, “Glitter and Abs”, “Big Hat of Shame”, “Star-Spangled Glasses” and the “Tiki Bar”, not remembering their unlocked state upon reload.
- Fixed several issues with Sims attempting to go on dates with the Reaper, resulting in non-responsive game states.The Reaper still loves ya baby, he is just too busy to go on a date with every lovelorn Sim that vies for his attention.
- Fixed several issues where babies were incorrectly hibernating within household inventories resulting in several issues:
- You can now exit Build Mode when not on your home lot if a baby was incorrectly left in the home lot inventory.
- Game no longer hangs if you attempt to split a household with a baby on the lot and in the household inventory.
- Splitting and merging households no longer results in unplayable households due to babies being left in household inventories.
- Babies are no longer left locked in the household inventory if all the other Sims in the household die.
- Babies no longer multiply if left in the Household Inventory while editing the lot via Manage Worlds.
- Fixed an issue where Gallery households that have been merged with another household were preventing Live Mode from loading.
- Adding a new Sim to a played household via Create A Sim by going from Manage Worlds will now allow you to modify their face and body.
- Lots with scaled objects (via the shift + [,] cheat) that are shared to the Gallery will now remember their enlarged state for others to enjoy.
- Fixed an issue where the game would become non-responsive when attempting to save a lot to the your library.