Tripwire Interactive has a way with making me want to play its games and yet also run away and never look back at the same time. Such is the case with the release of their next trailer for the upcoming cooperative shooter Killing Floor 2. This trailer, titled the "Horzine Biotech Confidential Specimen Footage", introduces several of the friendly faces that players will meet up with in-game. And by friendly, I mean terrifying. These are the game's main enemies.
Surprisingly, a couple of the enemies are new faces. Two of the five are, at least in name, not enemies seen in the first Killing Floor. The other three are enemies that will be very familiar to the poor damaged souls who've had to privilege to meet them:
- Clot: - The weakest and slowest of the enemies from the original Killing Floor. The run-of-the-mill fodder monster.
- Slasher: Perhaps a rename for the Gorefest enemy in the original Killing Floor? A step up from the clot with a short charging ability?
- Crawler: Another weak zombie, but agile due to its ability to crawl on walls. Often travels in groups.
- Cyst: I... I'm at a loss for the Cyst. It could be a mix of the Bloat, with ranged bile-spewing attacks, or the Siren with its scream attack. Spooky as hell.
- Fleshpound: The speciment that all Killing Floor players should recognize immediately. This thing's returning in Killing Floor 2 and it looks like his rage is back as well. Don't provoke him, or do too much damage too fast, because then he gets angry.
Some of the monsters not shown include the Gorefast, the Stalker, the Bloat, the Husk, the Siren, the Scrake, and of course king make-you-mess-your-pants himself, the Patriarch. As noted above, many of these enemies from the original Killing Floor may have been transformed into the newer enemies, or heck they could have been removed altogether. It'd be great to see some fresh meat in Killing floor 2.
Killing Floor 2 is planned for is planned for release on PC and SteamOS. No release date is currently announced, as Tripwire Interactive says the game will be available "when then is now." Those jerks.