I am constantly impressed with how Square Enix's MMO team are evolving the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn experience. Their dedication not just to producing new content for all types of users, but also ensuring it's unique and beautiful on its own is a shining light in a company recently thought to have lost sight of its origins. Today's patch preview for Final Fantasy XIV patch 2.3, the Defenders of Eorzea patch, does a better job of that than ever. It's a good time to be an MMO player.
The eight and a half-minute long preview trailer is packed full of a huge amount of content. Each addition is only shown briefly, but players of Final Fantasy XIV should immediately recognize each bit as what it represents, whether that be story to experience, dungeon content, crafting fun, or any of a myriad of other additions. I've been only lightly following the patch, so I was impressed with the housing addition myself. That carpet, yo. That carpet.
Let's not specifically what Defenders of Eorzea will be adding to the Final Fantasy XIV world:
- Main Story's Next Chapter: With Leviathan defeated, something even more ominious looms
- Ramuh, the Lord of Levin
- Hullbreaker Isle Dungeon: Also, hard modes for both Tam-Tara Deepcroft and Stone Vigil
- Crystal Tower's Syrcus Tower: Following the completion of the Labyrinth of the Ancients
- Carteneau Flats Frontline: Bring on the PvP
- Hildibrand, Agent of Inquiry Side-Quest
- Delivery Moogle Side-Quests
- Chocobo Raising
- Private Quarters
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn's patch 2.3, Defenders of Eorzea, will be available starting July 8. It's now available on PC, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.