The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Collector's Edition gets its own unveiling today, complete with a lovely video showing off every detail of the Geralt statue that comes with. Yes, there's a Geralt statue, on top of a full-sized artbook, hard copy of the soundtrack, and fancy box.
While fans can certainly stick with a digital copy of Wild Hunt, CD Projekt is offering some incentive to grab the physical box copy. The standard edition, with an equally standard price of $60 regardless of platform, includes a copy of the game (Blu-ray for consoles and DVD for PC), the game soundtrack on CD, a developer-created Witcher Universe - The Compendium booklet, a detailed map of the in-game world, a set of stickers, and a protective sleeve for the game disc.
Not bad, right? The third alternative is the collector's edition, which comes in at around $150; GameStop currently has a $149.99 price tag attached to the product. This version contains everything from the standard edition, plus substantial extras. What's really pushing the price here is that hand-painted statue of Geralt cutting down a griffin, highlighted in the unboxing video (below).
- All the contents from the standard edition of the game
- A giant, 33x24x26 cm (10”), 100% hand painted, Polystone figure of Geralt of Rivia battling a Griffin
- An exquisite, collector-grade Witcher medallion
- A one-of-a-kind SteelBook box
- A two-hundred-page artbook, containing breathtaking art from the game
- Huge outer and inner Collector’s Boxes you can store your Witcher merchandise in!
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be released on February 25, 2015, to Xbox One, PC, and PS4. The official release date was confirmed earlier today, and the trailer that came with is definitely worth a watch.