"Chertsey, UK. - May 7, 2003 - Electronic Arts, the world's leading interactive entertainment software company, today announced that the first expansion pack for SimCity 4 is in development at the company's Walnut Creek-based Maxis studio. SimCity 4 Rush Hour* will allow players to have the ultimate level of control over their city's transportation network by completely taking charge of roads, rail, air, waterways, and even vehicles.
Players will put their Sims on the road to happiness as they take control of their city's transportation. Players can accelerate their Sims on their way to work or play with a wide variety of new transportation options. They can create the elevated train networks of Boston, the wide- avenues of New York, or the winding one-way streets of San Francisco. Players also will be able to develop a seamless mass-transit system including rail, subway, or even a scenic ferry service that connects to a greater regional travel network. With all-new problem-solving maps and tracking tools, players will be able to see the pulsing flow of traffic, map out the most efficient routes, and quickly get Sims from one city to another.
For the first time, players will take charge of vehicles in their cities. Is the fire department stuck in traffic on its way to a four-alarm fire? Players will take direct control of the "hook and ladder" and pursue the quickest route to the blazing inferno. Players will also solve missions such as catching car-jackers and thwarting bank robbers to earn reward buildings and other vehicles. As players gain traction by fixing transportation problems and solving missions, they will watch their mayor approval rating soar and their Sim population grow! They will also be able to put their Sims on the move in new cars, ferries, helicopters, and zeppelins.
New to SimCity 4 Rush Hour are a variety of new bridge options and the ability to create a city based on a modern European building set. Players will also be able to add popular structures to their cities such as historic train stations, classic Americana road marks, or European tourist attractions. They can make their final mark as mayor and personalize their city by labelling street names, mountains, neighbourhoods, and points of interest.
True to the SimCity series, the expansion pack will also feature new disasters. Car accidents and train derailments can wreak havoc throughout the city and snarl traffic. Players may test their nerve and stop a car at the intersection of a railroad and watch what happens next. Players also will be able to start a UFO alien invasion and watch the abduction of Sims, the destruction of buildings, and the creation of crop circles. Others may want to take control of their own flying saucer and create mayhem. Players can now put their foot on the gas and get their Sims on the go in SimCity 4 with SimCity 4 Rush Hour.
'Transportation is the pulsing life-blood of every city and is the number one requested area to expand upon among SimCity 4 fans,' said Lucy Bradshaw, Vice President and Executive Producer of the game at EA's Maxis studio. 'Players will experience the thrill and power of creating and controlling the ultimate transportation utopia in SimCity 4 Rush Hour."
*SimCity 4 Rush Hour Expansion Pack requires SimCity 4 to play."
- Overwatch launches May 24, open beta runs May 5-9 for all platforms 
- Project X Zone has inexplicably disappeared from the Nintendo 3DS eShop 
- Persona 5's countdown clock has been extended, live stream confirmed for May 5 
- Multiplayer would be so much better if we talked to each other instead of insulting your mom 
- Steam user review system updated to prioritize more recent reviews over early ones 
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor trades urban cityscapes for feral and heavily irradiated wilderness 
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare blasts off this November 4 on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens reveals new adventures in honor of Star Wars day 
- Fallout 4 wins BAFTA's Game of the Year award 
- Amazon is now requiring a Prime membership to purchase select video games 
- May 2016 issue of CoroCoro teases (actual) Pokémon Sun & Moon reveal 
- Rumor: PlayStation 4K codenamed "NEO," Sony forgot the "seeker" 
- Miitomo's success paves the way for Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem to go mobile this fall 
- Legend of Zelda Wii U now delayed to 2017, NX version and launch window confirmed 
- Wed, May 04
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor trades urban cityscapes for feral and heavily irradiated wilderness
- Multiplayer would be so much better if we talked to each other instead of insulting your mom
- Steam user review system updated to prioritize more recent reviews over early ones
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens reveals new adventures in honor of Star Wars day
- Tue, May 03
- Project X Zone has inexplicably disappeared from the Nintendo 3DS eShop
- Super Meat Boy coming to Wii U systems May 12 courtesy of BlitWorks
- Dishonored 2 delivers arcane assassination on November 11
- Mon, May 02
- From Software lineup reel teases a PlayStation VR title for 2017
- Mighty No. 9 goes gold, receives a new release date of June 21 for everyone but 3DS and Vita
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare blasts off this November 4 on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4
Latest Net Reviews
|·||AMD A10-7860K and A8-7670K|
|·||AMD Radeon Pro Duo|
|·||SilverStone Strider Titanium|
|·||Corsair Carbide Spec-Alpha|
|·||ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP!|