"Chertsey, UK. - May 7, 2003 - Electronic Arts, the world's leading interactive entertainment software company, today announced that the first expansion pack for SimCity 4 is in development at the company's Walnut Creek-based Maxis studio. SimCity 4 Rush Hour* will allow players to have the ultimate level of control over their city's transportation network by completely taking charge of roads, rail, air, waterways, and even vehicles.
Players will put their Sims on the road to happiness as they take control of their city's transportation. Players can accelerate their Sims on their way to work or play with a wide variety of new transportation options. They can create the elevated train networks of Boston, the wide- avenues of New York, or the winding one-way streets of San Francisco. Players also will be able to develop a seamless mass-transit system including rail, subway, or even a scenic ferry service that connects to a greater regional travel network. With all-new problem-solving maps and tracking tools, players will be able to see the pulsing flow of traffic, map out the most efficient routes, and quickly get Sims from one city to another.
For the first time, players will take charge of vehicles in their cities. Is the fire department stuck in traffic on its way to a four-alarm fire? Players will take direct control of the "hook and ladder" and pursue the quickest route to the blazing inferno. Players will also solve missions such as catching car-jackers and thwarting bank robbers to earn reward buildings and other vehicles. As players gain traction by fixing transportation problems and solving missions, they will watch their mayor approval rating soar and their Sim population grow! They will also be able to put their Sims on the move in new cars, ferries, helicopters, and zeppelins.
New to SimCity 4 Rush Hour are a variety of new bridge options and the ability to create a city based on a modern European building set. Players will also be able to add popular structures to their cities such as historic train stations, classic Americana road marks, or European tourist attractions. They can make their final mark as mayor and personalize their city by labelling street names, mountains, neighbourhoods, and points of interest.
True to the SimCity series, the expansion pack will also feature new disasters. Car accidents and train derailments can wreak havoc throughout the city and snarl traffic. Players may test their nerve and stop a car at the intersection of a railroad and watch what happens next. Players also will be able to start a UFO alien invasion and watch the abduction of Sims, the destruction of buildings, and the creation of crop circles. Others may want to take control of their own flying saucer and create mayhem. Players can now put their foot on the gas and get their Sims on the go in SimCity 4 with SimCity 4 Rush Hour.
'Transportation is the pulsing life-blood of every city and is the number one requested area to expand upon among SimCity 4 fans,' said Lucy Bradshaw, Vice President and Executive Producer of the game at EA's Maxis studio. 'Players will experience the thrill and power of creating and controlling the ultimate transportation utopia in SimCity 4 Rush Hour."
*SimCity 4 Rush Hour Expansion Pack requires SimCity 4 to play."
- Level-5 reveals Lady Layton, meet the puzzle professor's daughter 
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 is Japan's best selling game so far in 2016 
- Square Enix is working on a new RPG, Kamitsuri set to be revealed August 1 
- Hearthstone invites you to spend One Night in Karazhan with Medivh starting August 11 
- South Park: The Fractured but Whole launches December 6, fart your way to victory 
- Rumor: Nintendo NX to be portable console with cartridges and NVIDIA Tegra processor 
- Pokémon GO Plus accessory delayed until September, keep your eyes on the phone 
- I Am Setsuna now available, prepare yourself for classic JRPG goodness on PS4 and Steam 
- The Nintendo Entertainment System will launch November 11 for $59.99 
- July CoroCoro leak introduces two new Pokémon, meet Kiteruguma and Mimikkyu 
- Pokémon GO blamed in shooting death of Guatemalan teen during home invasion 
- Summer Games Done Quick 2016 starts on Sunday, watch the race for charity here 
- Nintendo stock prices skyrocket as Pokémon GO places Eevees in the highway 
- Pokémon GO trainers asked to stop catching Pokémon in The Holocaust Museum 
- Fri, Jul 29
- Shenmue sub-director Keiji Okayasu reprises his role for Shenmue III
- Hearthstone invites you to spend One Night in Karazhan with Medivh starting August 11
- Square Enix is working on a new RPG, Kamitsuri set to be revealed August 1
- Thu, Jul 28
- Explore Yooka-Laylee in special Toybox demo, exclusive to Kickstarter backers
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 is Japan's best selling game so far in 2016
- Nep-Nep Connect: Chaos Chanpuru will bring Compile Heart to Vita's card table in Japan
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 trailer shows off new transformations, power pole, and Flying Nimbus
- Wed, Jul 27
- Level-5 reveals Lady Layton, meet the puzzle professor's daughter
- Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past battle trailer warns of King Slimes
- BATMAN - The Telltale Series multiplayer to feature crowd play, Twitch plays Batman
Latest Net Reviews
|·||Cooler Master MasterBox 5 (French)|
|·||Corsair ML140 and ML120 Review|
|·||Synology DiskStation DS916+|
|·||MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming Z 8G|
|·||Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming Premium Pack|