"Chertsey, UK. - May 7, 2003 - Electronic Arts, the world's leading interactive entertainment software company, today announced that the first expansion pack for SimCity 4 is in development at the company's Walnut Creek-based Maxis studio. SimCity 4 Rush Hour* will allow players to have the ultimate level of control over their city's transportation network by completely taking charge of roads, rail, air, waterways, and even vehicles.
Players will put their Sims on the road to happiness as they take control of their city's transportation. Players can accelerate their Sims on their way to work or play with a wide variety of new transportation options. They can create the elevated train networks of Boston, the wide- avenues of New York, or the winding one-way streets of San Francisco. Players also will be able to develop a seamless mass-transit system including rail, subway, or even a scenic ferry service that connects to a greater regional travel network. With all-new problem-solving maps and tracking tools, players will be able to see the pulsing flow of traffic, map out the most efficient routes, and quickly get Sims from one city to another.
For the first time, players will take charge of vehicles in their cities. Is the fire department stuck in traffic on its way to a four-alarm fire? Players will take direct control of the "hook and ladder" and pursue the quickest route to the blazing inferno. Players will also solve missions such as catching car-jackers and thwarting bank robbers to earn reward buildings and other vehicles. As players gain traction by fixing transportation problems and solving missions, they will watch their mayor approval rating soar and their Sim population grow! They will also be able to put their Sims on the move in new cars, ferries, helicopters, and zeppelins.
New to SimCity 4 Rush Hour are a variety of new bridge options and the ability to create a city based on a modern European building set. Players will also be able to add popular structures to their cities such as historic train stations, classic Americana road marks, or European tourist attractions. They can make their final mark as mayor and personalize their city by labelling street names, mountains, neighbourhoods, and points of interest.
True to the SimCity series, the expansion pack will also feature new disasters. Car accidents and train derailments can wreak havoc throughout the city and snarl traffic. Players may test their nerve and stop a car at the intersection of a railroad and watch what happens next. Players also will be able to start a UFO alien invasion and watch the abduction of Sims, the destruction of buildings, and the creation of crop circles. Others may want to take control of their own flying saucer and create mayhem. Players can now put their foot on the gas and get their Sims on the go in SimCity 4 with SimCity 4 Rush Hour.
'Transportation is the pulsing life-blood of every city and is the number one requested area to expand upon among SimCity 4 fans,' said Lucy Bradshaw, Vice President and Executive Producer of the game at EA's Maxis studio. 'Players will experience the thrill and power of creating and controlling the ultimate transportation utopia in SimCity 4 Rush Hour."
*SimCity 4 Rush Hour Expansion Pack requires SimCity 4 to play."
- Batman: Return to Arkham delayed, Joker will run free indefinitely 
- Saudi Arabian gamer banned for "offensive" PlayStation Network ID based on real name 
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 First Look: An All-Round Football Experience 
- Adventures of Mana launches today on PlayStation Vita in North America 
- Black Desert Online finally gets a desert with Valencia part one expansion 
- Animation Throwdown: The Quest for Cards brings Bender and Peter Griffin to the card table 
- Street Fighter V story mode will come with Balrog and Ibuki starting July 1 
- Tencent buys 84% stake in Clash of Clans developer Supercell for $8.6 billion 
- Microsoft's E3 2016 conference starts at 9:30am PT, watch and discuss here 
- Sony rocks Los Angeles at E3 2016 with God of War reveal, press conference archive stream 
- Ubisoft's E3 2016 showcase has ended, archive stream available 
- Nintendo Treehouse's E3 presentation highlights Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Pokémon Sun/Moon 
- Rumor: Skyrim remaster to be announced at E3, take a remastered arrow to the knee 
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age brings an HD version of Ivalice to PlayStation 4 in 2017 
- Tue, Jun 28
- Black Desert Online finally gets a desert with Valencia part one expansion
- Adventures of Mana launches today on PlayStation Vita in North America
- Saudi Arabian gamer banned for "offensive" PlayStation Network ID based on real name
- Batman: Return to Arkham delayed, Joker will run free indefinitely
- Mon, Jun 27
- Animation Throwdown: The Quest for Cards brings Bender and Peter Griffin to the card table
- Street Fighter V story mode will come with Balrog and Ibuki starting July 1
- Megadimension Neptunia VII launches on Steam with free DLC July 5
- Fri, Jun 24
- Microsoft tried to team up with Nintendo and Sony before making the Xbox
- BATMAN - The Telltale Series will finish season one in 2016
- Yacht Club Games wants your opinion on what their next game should be
Latest Net Reviews
|·||MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G|
|·||be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 (German)|
|·||be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 (French)|
|·||Thermaltake Core P5|