Tango Gameworks' upcoming horror game The Evil Within has been delayed, moving its release from August to October. According to publisher Bethesda, Shinji Mikami and his team were the ones who asked for the delay, as Tango needed "additional time to further balance and refine the game."
The new date does mean you'll have more time to decide if a pre-order is warranted, and Bethesda is offering a little incentive for taking that initiative. Reserving The Evil Within will grant the just-announced "Fighting Chance Pack," a survivor's kit of sorts that promises to give players an extra edge in not dying too horribly.
Here's everything included:
- Medical Kit – A vital health enhancement to enable Sebastian to fight on.
- Green Gel – Used to upgrade Sebastian’s attributes.
- Double Barrel Shotgun and Three Shells - A larger and more formidable shotgun than the regular shotgun, it’s useful for tight situations with multiple encroaching enemies.
- An Incendiary Agony Bolt – Capable of showering nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks.
- A Poison Agony Bolt – Will draw enemies towards it and poison them, allowing Sebastian time for a quick escape.
Sure, a health boost and some extra types of ammo may not sound particularly impressive, but in Evil Within, every little bit counts. Trust me, I've seen the horror firsthand.