In an update on Twitter today, Respawn Entertainment confirmed both patch and Expedition will be out on May 15, which is this Thursday.
We're excited to announce that our Expedition DLC & game update http://t.co/grV4Vh49N7 will be available on May 15th for Xbox One and PC.— Titanfall (@Titanfallgame) May 13, 2014
The wait continues...
Titanfall has a new trailer today, highlighting the upcoming maps Swamplands, War Games, and Runoff in the Expedition DLC. That, and some new patch notes for May 12 (that'd be today) were posted on the Titanfall website, highlight some changes like the addition of custom loadout names. Huzzah! Game summaries have also been improved, for our convenience.
Like always, the patch notes are pretty long, so players can expect a decent number of updates with the May 12 patch, the third to be released since Titanfall came out. All platforms will see the improved Last Game Summary, customizable loadout names, custom private match settings, and more. Here's a more detailed rundown:
Last Game Summary improvements:
- Now shows the last game's scoreboard so you can view it from the lobby after the match.
- Now allows you to filter which challenges are displayed. You can toggle between "Most Progress Made" which was the original behavior, "Completed", or "Almost Complete"
- Challenges in the last game summary screen now show the reward the challenge will give when highlighted.
Custom Private Match Settings (Beta) - We've added the first round of Custom Match Settings to the Private Match mode, so you can tweak the games you set up for friends and tournaments. More are coming and feedback is welcome. Options include:
- Score Limit
- Time Limit
- AI Lethality - Controls how tough and accurate Grunts and Spectres are.
- AI Types - Sets the allowed types of AI from drop pods and drop ships.
- Pilot Health - Gives pilots half, normal, or double health.
- Pilot Ammo - Gives pilots normal or reduced ammo.
- Titan First Build Time – Adjusts how long until players acquire their first titan.
- Titan Rebuild Time – Adjusts how long until players' replacement titans are ready.
- Titan Shield Capacity - Normal, half, double, or disabled.
- Minimap - Turns the HUD minimap on or off.
- Respawn Delay - How long players must wait before spawning in again.
Extra Look Drift Guard - We added a new "High" setting to the "Look Drift Guard" controller option. This is useful for players experiencing and being bothered by view drift on their controllers. Players who prefer the original behavior should set this to "low".
Level Stats - We added a new menu under "Personal Stats" showing statistics per map such as how many times you have played each game mode, or won each game mode. This allows players to easily track the achievement "I've Seen It All" requiring that you play each mode and every map.
Campaign MP - The campaign menu now shows a small trophy icon for each faction for every level that you have won. This will allow easier tracking of which campaign levels you have won for the achievements "Militia Elite Pilot" and "IMC Elite Pilot".
Regen Challenges - We found that some players erroneously believed that the requirement challenges for Regen only became available when they reached level 50. Now, when Regen challenges become available, they are marked as "new" with an exclamation point, so players know they can start progressing on the Regen Requirements.
Amped Weapon pickup distinction - The pickup prompt for Amped Weapons dropped by other players will now show up in orange text.
Scoreboard Icons - We have added two new scoreboard icons to provide additional awareness during play. One is an icon that indicates that a dead player's Auto-Titan is still alive. The other is an icon to differentiate players who have successfully evacuated during the Epilogue.
Additionally, PC and Xbox One will each have respective updates, too. For PC players, that entails a streamline audio installer, support for up to 144fps, and scoreboard controls (like easier muting). For Xbox One, new chat icons for the scoreboard and game lobby will indicate who's in a party.
More game balancing is a given, as well, so be sure to hit the official Titanfall site for all that good stuff. The new Titanfall: Expedition trailer is below, giving us something to stare at until the DLC is actually out on May 15. Check out the recently-released Swamplands showcase, too.
Gameplay trailer - YouTube