Sony's PlayStation Plus program shows no signs of slowing down as the line-up of titles included in the month of May has now been unveiled. As per usual, expect an indie surprise for the PlayStation 4, three solid releases for the PlayStation 3, and a couple of the best (remaining) titles PS Vita releases just to put icing on the cake. Again, gamers who own any single platform will likely be content with their prizes, but for owners of all three? Bliss.
The diversity is what really makes me excited about this months content. Every single game has an audience that, while not likely the majority of gamers, is passionate about their game. Sony's doing themselves all sorts of favors by connecting into these energetic communities. Just check out these games and see for yourself:
- Stick it to the Man! - On an ordinary day, hard hat tester Ray has a bizarre accident and wakes up with a giant pink spaghetti arm sticking out of his brain, giving him extraordinary mind-reading powers. Ray can suddenly change the world with stickers, transforming his paper universe by tearing it, folding it and using the crazy stickers he finds (along with his awesome new powers) to solve mind-boggling puzzles! Sadly, Ray doesn’t have much time to get to grips with his new-fangled psychic abilities. Instead, he’s on the run from ‘The Man’ for a crime he didn’t commit. Can you help Ray out of this sticky situation?
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2014
- Skullgirls Encore
- Surge Deluxe
It should be noted that Europe's PlayStation Plus line-up is a bit different than North America's -- like usual. Unfortunately Europe tends to get some of the bigger North American PS+ games a bit later that their western friends, on top of getting fewer games in the PS3 area to boot. Hopefully that's made up a bit by occasionally getting even more badass titles like Muramasa Rebirth, which is a huge get that NA hasn't seen yet.
- PlayStation 4: Stick it to the Man!
- PlayStation 3: Puppeteer, Payday 2
- PS Vita: Muramasa Rebirth, Everybody's Golf
That's it for May on PlayStation Plus! Hopefully each and every one of Sony's faithful have at least one game becoming available that strikes their fancy. If not, well, a boat-load of more games is just a month away. Odds are there are still plenty from the months prior to keep playing anyway.