The Last of Us will be getting an updated release this summer exclusively for PlayStation 4. Yes, Sony has confirmed The Last of Us Remastered, though the game was actually outed shortly prior on the Sony Entertainment Network.
Rest assured that getting the remastered edition will come with some perks, like having all the major DLC releases in one neat package. This includes the Left Behind single-player expansion, Abandoned Territories map pack, and the upcoming Reclaimed Territories pack.
That aside, Sony is making sure players will see the value in reserving a copy of Last of Us Remastered, so they've prepared a pretty robust collection of pre-order bonus rewards. Your usual game retailers will be offering the following rewards:
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode (multiplayer)
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single-player campaign
- More single-player campaign bonuses...
- Increased Crafting Speed
- Increased Healing Speed
- 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade
Pre-ordering Last of Us Remastered from the PlayStation Store, on the other hand, comes with a few extra perks in the form of early access to upcoming multiplayer content. That's the Factions stuff in Last of Us.
- Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
- Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode
- Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode
Keep an eye out. The Last of Us Remastered will be released Summer 2014, which is technically just a couple months away.