Blizzard is already hard at work introducing heroes to their currently-in-beta MOBA Heroes of the Storm. Today they've introduced the next, Pajamathur the Baby Abathur. Apparently in recent weeks Blizzard has heard that their hero Abathur, StarCraft II's zerg evolution master, was too difficult to master. Thus, rather than nerfing Abathur, they've created the Baby Abathur who is much more, erm, approachable. A rather snarky April Fool's Day joke, HotS staff.
Despite his foolish origins, Blizzard has given plenty of thought into their youngest hero. That includes Pajamathur's very own background lore, as ridiculous as it may be:
"All great geneticists get their start somewhere, and for Pajamathur, that moment came shortly after he was created by the Overmind from a collection of many species. Ever since that day, he’s worked to harness his innate talent to improve and enhance the Swarm, while also making sure he gets enough naptime. Staying well-rested and well-equipped with a variety of toys is key to his success, and he’s just the jammie-wearing zerg you want on your team when you’re working to undermine the efforts of your enemies."
Plus, no hero would be complete without their very own skill set. It's hard to pick a favorite skill, since all of them sound ridiculously annoying:
- SOFT AND ZERGY [Q]
- Target: Enemy and Ally Heroes, Area: Large Circle AoE.
- Pajamathur hugs his stuffed animal. All heroes nearby will be marked with a debuff called “Soft Spot.” Soft Spot will not allow Heroes to perform another action until they have hugged a nearby minion.
- VOID NAP [W]
- Target: Self Cast, Area: Small Circle AoE.
- Pajamathur lays down to take a nap causing all enemy minions to avoid him. The first enemy hero to approach too closely to Pajamathur will wake him up and will be forced to carry him until he falls back asleep. Heroes carrying Pajamathur are unable to attack or use abilities.
- TANTRUM OF TERROR [E]
- Target: All Enemy and Ally Heroes, Area: Global Taunt.
- Pajamathur drops his binky, throwing him into a tantrum. All games sounds are replaced by his screaming and the sound can only be silenced when the binky is returned to him by another Hero.
Cheers to Blizzard for once again going to such crazy lengths to create a great April Fool's Day joke. One has to wonder how many man-hours went into creating Baby Abathur. For a zerg worm monster in pajamas, he looks outstanding. Pl us it seems like he has two different pairs of jammies to wear! Talk about going above and beyond.
Heroes of the Storm's Pajamathur is, unfortunately, just an April Fool's Day joke and is not actually available in the closed beta. At least, I don't think he is. If anyone's actually goofing around with this character, please take pictures and share them with everyone!