More PlayStation 4 exclusive games from indie developers! More, I say! The latest is an R.C. car racing game from developer/publisher Beatshapers, who will be creating their first next-gen title with Ready to Run. These Eastern Europeans are developing a futuristic racer with complex and configurable maps. Perhaps the best part, however, is that they're aiming for a Q2 2014 launch. Just a few months away!
Here's a list of the primary features Beatshapers is planning on creating for Ready to Run:
- Highly responsive arcade R.C. cars physics
- 15+ futuristic looking radio-control cars with various designs available to play
- Single city environment featuring endless tracks configurations for different race modes.
- Real-time and asynchronous multiplayer modes.
- Various scoreboards with filters, with an emphasize of PSN friends.
What really appeals to me about Ready to Run is the mix of roller derby aesthetics with modern high-tech race car visuals. The car featured in the trailer almost looks like something I carved out of a single block of balsa wood back as a Boy Scout and then painted red. Then the crew at Drive Club or something got ahold of it and added a few tons of chrome and now we're in the Wachowskis' Speed Racer movie.
Stay tuned for more Ready to Run updates in the months ahead as the game approaches its planned Q2 2014 launch date, exclusively on PlayStation 4.