People must have been complaining that Guild Wars 2 is too easy. Today's Origins of Madness update has added two raid-style world bosses that'll make commanders ball up in a corner and cry, in addition to a number of other major to minor changes.
First of all, Origins of Madness marks the beginning of the end to Scarlet Briar's story, and we learn more about her as a character. You know, in case you were a fan.
Contesting Tequatl as Bloodtide's Most Annoying World Event are the new jungle wurm bosses, while one of Scarlet's mechanical creations, now known to the community as "Marionette", harasses Lornar's Pass. Have fun with those.
Of course, the new content brings new rewards with it. You can earn a mini wurm, and acquire some mini mechanical creatures by turning in collectables. Go forth, and destroy! Or you know, read the patch notes below.
I will note, however, that a patch was released just recently, and players are speculating it tweaks the new bosses somewhat to make them less daunting.
BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH
- Fixed a bug that caused cooldowns to be reset while using the jump pads near the Tequatl encounter.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from receiving credit for completing fractal level 50.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Endless Toy Golem Tonic to produce the wrong item.
- Fixed a potential client crash in the Cliffside fractal.
- Improved some of the creature descriptions.
- User Interface: Various updates have been made to the right-hand side of the HUD to improve its appearance and functionality.
- User Interface: Hints have a new arrow that is more visible and animated.
- To mitigate performance issues, items that summon pets now have a 30-minute cooldown.
- Leave Transform: This skill can no longer be set on auto-attack.
- Arcane Wave: This skill is no longer ground-targeted while underwater and will now activate the area effect on the targeted enemy.
- Earth’s Embrace: Fixed this trait to properly have reduced recharge when traited with Cantrip Mastery.
- Rocket Turret—Rocket: This skill is no longer ground-targeted while underwater and will now fire at a targeted enemy.
- Chaos Storm: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to stun enemies whether or not it dazed them when traited with Confounding Suggestions.
- Putrid Mark: This skill will now blast an area only once when the trap executes.
Structured Player vs. Player
- Battle of Khylo: Any destroyed trebuchets, clocktower windows, and clocktower walls will now reappear when the match begins.
- Legacy of the Foefire: Any destroyed gates will now reappear when the match begins.
World vs. World
- The Guard Leech boon has been renamed to Applied Strength.
BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions
- A new 3-pack of masterwork great jungle wurm minis is now available for a limited time in the Minis category of the Gem Store for 300 gems.
- A new Great Jungle Wurm Finisher is now available to surprise enemies from below in PvP and WvW. Available in the Upgrades category for 800 gems.
- Instant Trait Reset will be removed from the store at the end of January 27. It will still have a rare chance to be in Black Lion Chests.
- Deposit All Collectibles no longer deposits miniatures. However, they can still be individually deposited by right-clicking on them.
- Double-clicking a Black Lion Chest when players do not have any keys will now open the store and show players the keys.
- The Black Lion Weapons Specialist conversation has been tweaked for clarity.
- The Black Lion Chest rewards have been entirely overhauled, affecting all drop rates. Significant changes are below:
- Tonics are no longer a dedicated slot in the drop. Instead, tonics will now occasionally drop like all other rewards.
- Players will now get two rewards plus a booster from each chest. This means they can potentially get two of anything from a single chest.
- Rare minis are now much rarer from Black Lion Chests.
- New drops of Endless Mystery Tonics can be traded until they are used once.
- The following items have been removed from Black Lion Chests:
- Karma Booster
- Glory Booster
- Heavy Bag of Coins
- Name Change Contract
- Small Guild Discovery
- Medium Guild Discovery
- 1 Copper
- The following items have been added to Black Lion Chests:
- Instant Trait Reset
- Communal Boost Bonfire
- Essence of Luck (50)
- Essence of Luck (100)
- Metabolic Primer
- Scroll of Knowledge
- WXP Booster
- Gathering Booster