When Rockstar Games says their Grand Theft Auto V online experience is essentially its own game, constantly growing and always exciting, they mean it. That's why Grand Theft Auto Online will be receiving a free update next week, November 19, titled "Beach Bum." Naturally, the Beach Bum update will feature a ton of sandy beach-themed content like surfer clothes, speed boats and also a ton of beach-themed jobs.
Don't be a beach, read up on just aportion of the content that will be coming to Grand Theft Auto Online starting next week:
- Jobs: Beach Bums adds several jobs, including Races, Deathmatches, Parachutes, Last Team Standings, Survivals and Gang Attacks
- "Grass Route II" (Race): In this sequel to the original popular Grass Route Race, go off-road in an epic heat starting on the North bank of the Zancudo River through the treacherous wetlands with a triumphant finish on the beach in North Chumash.
- "Survival on Del Perro Pier" (Survival): Skip the ferris wheel for a deadlier kind of thrill ride as you take on waves of relentless enemies at this beachfront attraction.
- "View of Vespucci" (Parachuting): This leap sends you from 2,980 feet, down towards Vespucci Beach, weaving through palm trees to land on the basketball courts of the rec center. If you've got skills, it's possible to freefall through the first few checkpoints before even opening your chute.
- "Paleto Beach" (Team Deathmatch): The locals complain that not a lot happens in this sleepy town, so do them a favor and wake 'em up with a barrage of gunfire exchanged between you and a rival team. This Team Deathmatch takes place right on the romantic shoreline for 4-8 players.
- "Sundae Driving" (Bike Race): Sure to be a new fan-favorite motorbike race, menace Vespucci Beach on your two-wheel rocket, taking breakneck corners as you try and best the competition.
- Vehicles: Beach themed vehicles are arriving, all free, and available via southernsanandreassuperautos.com and docktease.com (also available in single-player)
- BF Bifta Dune Buggy
- Canis Kalahari Off-Road Truck
- Bravado Paradise Beach Camper Van
- Speeder Speedboat
- Weapons: Available from any Ammu-Nation (also available in single-player)
- SNS Pistol
- Broken Bottle (melee)
- Customization Options: Start working out that beach bod
- Board Shorts
- Neon Surfer Atire
- Tribal Tattoos
- Shaggy Hair
Despite this huge list of content, Rockstar wrapped up their announcement by reminding fans that this is just the beginning of updates for Grand Theft Auto Online. If everyone can patiently wait a little while longer, several more features will be available soon. That includes the Content Creator, cooperative Heists, a sort of Capture the Flag mode, as well as Story Mode updates as well.
Grand Theft Auto Online is bundled with every copy of Grand Theft Auto V and is avilalbe now on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Where's that PC port already?