This post has taken me much longer than I'd ever intended it to take! It must have been three or four days now since Sony released their "Ultimate FAQ" for the PlayStation 4, a collection of details on the console (both good and bad). Three days! That's a long time to have not reported on something, but this is a big deal. This is Sony's official list of launch-day releases for the PlayStation 4. Aha, it's worth the wait, no?
Yes, part of Sony's FAQ for the PS4 includes an updated list of PlayStation 4 launch titles, from first-party to self-published. That includes re-releases like Flower and Sound Shapes, PlayStation Plus free titles like Resogun and Contrast, and complete nonsense like Angry Birds Star Wars. Seriously. Anyway, let's get to the list that everyone's been waiting for. Here are the elite 22.
- Angry Birds Star Wars (Activision)
- Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft)
- Call of Duty Ghosts (Activison)
- DC Universe Online (Sony Online Entertainment)
- FIFA 14 (EA Sports)
- Battlefield 4 (Electronic Arts)
- Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft)
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
- Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports)
- NBA 2K14 (2K Sports)
- Need for Speed Rivals (EA)
- Skylanders SWAP Force (Activision)
- Contrast (Compulsion Games)
- Pinball Arcade (FarSight Studios)
- Super Motherload (XGen Studios)
- Tiny Brains (Spearhead Games)
- Warframe (Digital Extremes)
Sony is actively updating the list with regards to any additional late entries into the market. Of course, there won't be any more "big" retail releases or anything of the like, but there could always be another digital release or two. As it stands, those are the 22 launch titles for the PlayStation 4. How do they look?