If you haven't tried out an Earth Defense Force game before, then I pity you, friend. Nothing feels quite as good as blasting waves of giant insects with ridiculously large weapons, just like Earth Defense Force does so well. And like any good thing, more is better. Today confirmation came down the line that Earth Defense Force 2025 will be coming to North America in February of 2014.
Additionally, via the blog, its been confirmed that all of Earth Defense Force 2025's DLC that's currently released in Japan will be coming to the rest of the world too. It just may take a bit of time to get everything localized and the like. Look out for it in the "near future" as they like to say. Below are some of the weapons packs that will be released as pre-order DLC from specific retailers, or available after launch:
Air Raider Weapons Pack:
- Pure Decoy Launcher (Setsu) — a weapon that distracts the enemy by discharging a large balloon that takes the shape of an attractive female, but the enemies will meet their fate when the balloon unexpectedly self destructs, destroying everything in its vicinity.
- The BMO3 Vegalta Gold — a limited edition, gold-coated model that will reflect radar waves and has a combat burner to throw flames. Players will also be able to take flight for short periods of time with it equipped.
The Fencer Weapons Pack:
- Ifrit — A cannon that launches rockets that will separate and disperse over the sea. Each rocket is equipped with multiple incendiary bombs that will ignite upon contact, causing massive damage.
- Blood Storm — A powerful cannon that will separate midair and rain down on the enemy’s head and inflict damage on an entire area.
The Wing Diver Weapons Pack:
- Reflectron Laser — A special laser that fires in two directions and can even shoot through narrow passageways. It’s an effective weapon with giant insects, as it can maximize range without obstruction.
- Gleipnir — This super weapon silently discharges balls of energy with the ability to launch continuous attacks. Only Wing Divers can use this weapon, as it requires the Psionic Link.
The Ranger Weapons Pack:
- Volatile Napalm — A military grade discharge device that sets everything ablaze and damages the target and surrounding areas.
- Pure Decoy Launcher (Mian) — a weapon that distracts the enemy by discharging a large balloon that takes the shape of an attractive female, but the enemies will meet their fate when the balloon unexpectedly self destructs, destroying everything in its vicinity.
If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about the pre-order DLC, unless there's something in there that really fits your fancy. Earth Defense Force 2025 will feature more than 700 weapons, which makes the above 8 seem rather paltry. SEVEN HUNDRED. I mean, if you can't have fun with 700 weapons then you don't know how to have fun.
Earth Defense Force 2025 launches in February of 2014 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Those giant insects aren't going to kill themselves. Probably.