We've all been wondering what crazy, adorable, or sexy holiday skins Riot was going to release this year for League of Legends. Well, how about a chance to pick up retired Limited Edition skins? Yes, Riot is re-releasing skins from previous holidays for a limited time over the next few months, so brace your wallets.
The folks behind League have been thinking this over pretty seriously, of course, and came to the decision to re-release old Limited Edition skins when they came to realize that skins are really about fun, not exclusivity. As such, they're going to give the community a chance to snag old skins with RP. If you've already got these skins, don't worry: you will be rewarded.
Here is Riot's plan:
- The 34 Limited Edition skins will become available for purchase or gifting for a limited time during the following months:
- Harrowing 2010 & 2011 skins during October 2013
- Snowdown Showdown 2009 & 2010 skins during December 2013
- Winter Games 2010 skins during February 2014
- World Cup 2010 skins during June 2014
- Given the reduction in exclusivity, we will be providing the following compensation to the original owners of these skins:
- RP equal to the price they paid for the skin
- Vintage treatment in the loading screen whenever they use the skin
If you happen to be an original skin owner, you'll also have a special icon awarded to you. And just because a skin isn't listed in the current 34 expected to be temporarily re-released doesn't mean we won't see them in the future. Yay!
Check out the list of upcoming vintage skins and their availability. Re-releases are planned for October, December, February 2014, and June 2014.
Note that Riot will still be releasing new skins, in addition to these vintage ones. Does your wallet hurt, yet? Mine sure does.