Today is Tuesday, October 1, meaning Guild Wars 2 got its much-anticipated Twilight Assault update. Yes, ArenaNet is reviving the Twilight Arbor dungeon, but more importantly, every race and gender have new hairstyles to pick from. Hey, Guild Wars is about looking pretty, isn't it?
Each gender per race has three new hairstyles to pick from, and some are clearly better than others. Interestingly, only the sylvari have matching hairstyles for the two sexes, while the other races got drastically different styles between genders. If you play a norn dude, then you now have Braham's hair as an option. Dulfy has a full gallery of the new hairstyles here.
Additionally, the Gem Store has been updated with returning Halloween Finishers: Mad King and Scarecrow. Now you can snag permanent versions. The Black Lion Chests will also have a rare chance of dropping a Mini Caithe or Mini Holographic Scarlet. As for the Series 1 Mini creatures, the 3-Pack Set 1 will soon be leaving the Gem Store. You can still grab the first generation pets when the pack returns in limited sales, of course.
A new Instant Trait Reset item is available as well, which basically lets you reset your traits anywhere at any time.
As for Twilight Assault, you can check out the patch details below. Full patch notes can be found on the Guild Wars 2 website.
As if the Nightmare Court’s quest for the Nightmare Tree wasn’t enough, now the Aetherblades are up to something in Twilight Arbor. Scarlet has her minions hard at work, but the enemies they’ve made aren’t willing to leave them to it. The Lionguard is still hungry for payback after the assassination of Councilor Theo Ashford, and Caithe has also come looking for answers about Scarlet. It’ll take skill, strength, and smarts to stop the Aetherblades before they unleash Scarlet’s next madcap scheme.
Twilight Arbor Aetherpath
- Join Caithe to infiltrate a new level 80 dungeon explorable path through Twilight Arbor and disable the security so that Lionguard Turma’s forces can attack. The Lionguard owes the Aetherblades payback for their attack on Lion’s Arch during the Dragon Bash festival and for the murder of Councilor Theo Ashford.
- To access Twilight Arbor’s explorable mode, at least one player in the party needs to have completed the story dungeon. Upon entering the map, talk to Caithe and choose the “Aetherblades” option to proceed down the Aetherpath.
- Note: The Aetherpath supplants the Fyonna explorable path in Twilight Arbor. The Leurent and Vevina explorable paths are still available for level 55 play.
- Blaze a path through the jungle dense with indigenous wildlife and solve new puzzle encounters.
- Along the way, fight several new Aetherblade bosses with new mechanics, culminating in a unique legendary final boss at the pounding heart of the facility.
- Investigate the secret conflict between Caithe and Scarlet Briar and discover how the Aetherblades are using their stolen hologram technology.
- Participate in the final assault alongside the Lionguard and help them complete multiple objectives for extra achievements.
- Across the world, Aether Key Pieces have a chance to drop from all open-world creatures during this release. Combine five of these tradable pieces to form an Aether Key, which can be used to open one of several hidden Aether Chests in the new Twilight Arbor Aetherpath. These Aether Key Pieces will drop worldwide during the Twilight Assault release. After the release, they will only be found in the Tarnished Coast and Steamspur Mountain areas.
- During the Twilight Assault release, the number of deadly blooms and empyreal fragments awarded for completing the Twilight Arbor Aetherpath will be increased.
- New, rare variants of the Nightmare weapon set have been added to the Twilight Arbor Aetherpath boss chests.
- Completing the Aetherpath will reward players with the Slickpack, an Aetherblade-styled back-slot item that teems and glows with electrical energy.
- Players who complete all the achievements for the Twilight Arbor Aetherpath will earn a fearsomely adorable miniature of the final boss to help players recall all the precious memories they shared together.
- During this release, a new set of daily achievements challenges players to complete either Twilight Arbor or another dungeon that rotates daily. Completing story mode or any of the explorable mode paths will qualify. These daily achievements contribute toward Twilight Assaulted, the meta-achievement for the release.
- A new permanent achievement category has been added for the Twilight Arbor Aetherpath. The category has 17 specific achievements and a meta–achievement; all are tied to the new dungeon path. The achievements are awarded to players as they progress through the dungeon path, but also for completing other challenges. These include five events that occur after the final battle, one of which is finding and opening all the Aether Chests.
- The Above and Beyond achievement is particularly difficult, requiring players to finish those five events in one run. Note: Completion of this achievement will not automatically complete the individual contributing achievements for the entire party.