Update: Nintendo of America has released the official details on all of the below information localized in English, complete with gameplay trailer and in-game screenshots: link.
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y have had 10 additions made to their Pokedex with the release of the latest CoroCoro magazine (they get all of the reveals). This includes the first evolutions for the starting Pokemon Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie! They've certainly each grown up in their own unique ways. Add to those three a dinosaur, a cat and its evolution, and several more -- including Mega Mewtwo X!
Here's a brief introduction to each of the ten Pokemon introduced today, though keep in mind these are the Japanese names and not the English:
- Hariboogu - Chespin's evolution is pure Grass-type and knows Mud Shot.
- Teerunaa - Fennekin's evolution is pure Fire-type and knows Psyshock, but what's with that broom in its tail?
- Gekogashira - Froakie's evolution is pure Water-type and knows Bounce.
- Chigorasu - A fossil Pokemon that is a Rock/Dragon T-Rex and has the new ability Hard Jaw, which increases attack power of biting moves. He also knows Crunch.
- Amarusu - Another fossil Pokemon which is a Rock/Ice Diplodocus and has the new ability Freeze Skin, which turns Normal moves into Ice moves. Also knows Aurora Beam.
- Torimian - A white dog that was briefly shown during the Pokemon X/Y Nintendo Direct. Is a Normal-type and knows Fur Coat which reduces Physical Damage. You can apparently customize its appearance.
- Nyaonukusu - Psychic-type cat that has both male and female appearances and move-sets. The male form is a support while the female focuses on attacks. Male knows Miracle Eye and female knows Extrasensory.
- Mega Mewtwo X - The Pokemon X version of Mewtwo's Mega form. Yes, the previously reveals Mega form for Mewtwo will be a Y exclusive. A Psychic/Fighting-type that has the ability Steadfast.
- Mega Garchomp - Another Mega form revealed! Garchomp's Mega form can use the ability Sandforce.
On top of the ten Pokemon listed above CoroCoro also revealed the new Strength/Weakness chart, now with Fairy-type included! Fairy will be Super Effective against Fighting, Dark and Dragon, and not effective against Fire, Poison and Steel. It will also have Dragon immunity and will be weak to Poison and Steel, and resists Fighting, Dark and Bug. Other chart changes include Steel losing its resistance to Dark and Ghost.
Finally, a few more details on Team Flare were revealed. Team Flare has five scientists, named Akebi, Bara, Corea, Kuseroshiki and Momiji in the Japanese versions of the game. Will we have to battle them somewhere along the line? Probably. Team Flare is trying to, "Create a beautiful world," and... we have to stop that!
Expect Nintendo to update us with official English names and details for these awesome new Pokemon X and Y announcements within a week. I'm wondering if its time to abandon team Chespin. Aw, who am I kidding, look at his dumb face. It's impossible not to love. Pokemon X and Pokemon Y launch on October 12 exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS.
Header image from Yonaka-Pinku fanart.