Nintendo is on a roll today, what with the Wii U price drop, the Wii U Wind Waker bundle, and the Nintendo 2DS handheld announcement. The fun doesn't end there though, folks. Nintendo has also announced their fall line-up replete with release dates. Sure, release dates, big deal. No, this list includes eight newly announced release dates for all of Nintendo's big fall releases, from Super Mario 3D World to A Link Between Worlds.
A bunch of release dates for huge first-party titles, plus a ton of third-party release dates, too! They really do each deserve their own post, but I already wrote, like, three other Nintendo news stories today:
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD: Sept. 20 (downloadable) and Oct. 4 (packaged), $49.99.
- Wii Party U: Launches Oct. 25 bundled with a Wii Remote Plus controller, $49.99.
- Super Mario 3D World: Nov. 22, $59.99.
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: Dec. 6, $49.99.
- Wii Fit U: Launches this holiday season. Further details, including launch date, pricing and bundling information, will be revealed at a later date.
- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games: Launches this holiday season. Further details, including launch date and pricing, will be revealed at a later date.
- Third-party titles: Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure (Sept. 24), LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Fall), Skylanders SWAP Force (Oct. 13), Call of Duty: Ghosts (Nov. 5), Sonic Lost World (Oct. 22), Rayman Legends (Sept. 3), Just Dance 2014 (Oct. 8), Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (Oct. 29) and Watch_Dogs (Nov. 19).
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: Nov. 22, $39.99.
- Mario Party: Island Tour: Nov. 22, $39.99.
- Third-party titles: Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure (Sept. 24), LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril (Fall), Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (Oct. 25), Skylanders SWAP Force (Oct. 13), Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! (Nov. 19), and Sonic Lost World (Oct. 22).
Altogether that's what, almost twenty official release dates and a few more that haven't quite gotten the exact date down? I mean, damn, Black Friday in November is going to be absolutely insane for Nintendo this year. It will be a Mario and Zelda tag team crossing Nintendo's two platforms.