Riot Games has just released the official schedule for the League of Legends World Championship for Season 3. Earlier it was revealed the the finals of the World Championship would be played on Friday, October 4 at the Staples Center of all locations. Now we know that in addition to the finals there will be 10 additional days of games, spread between September 15 and the day of the finals. It's a good time to be a League of Legends fan.
Between September 15 and the 21 the 14 international teams participating in the World Championship will play a total of 40 games, with no more than 7 each day. 8 teams will survive the group stage to play in the quarter finals on September 23 and 23, each a best-of-three. Then the semi-finals, located at the Galen Center, will run on September 27 and 28 with each day hosting a best-of-five. Then... the Staples Center on October 4.
If that block of text is too unorganized for your tastes, here's a handy list provided by Riot Games:
- Date - Stage - # of Games - Location
- Sun, Sep 15 - Group Stage - 7 Games - Studio
- Mon, Sep 16 - Group Stage - 6 Games - Studio
- Tue, Sep 17 - Group Stage -7 Games - Studio
- Thu, Sep 19 - Group Stage - 7 Games - Studio
- Fri, Sep 20 - Group Stage - 6 Games - Studio
- Sat, Sep 21 - Group Stage - 7 Games - Studio
- Mon, Sep 23 - Quarterfinal - 2 Matches (Bo3) - Studio
- Tue, Sep 24 - Quarterfinal - 2 Matches (Bo3) - Studio
- Fri, Sep 27 - Semifinal - 1 Match (Bo5) - Galen
- Sat, Sep 28 - Semifinal - 1 Match (Bo5) - Galen
- Fri, Oct 4 - Final - 1 Match (Bo5) - Staples
Tickets for all events go on sale August 15. All games will be played in front of a live audience and streamed online. Look forward to more details soon via the official League of Legends eSports website and here, as we'll update this post as soon as we hear anything.