The day Disgaea returns is nigh, the return of the true Overlord and his friends. NIS America has just announced that Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness will be released on October 8 in North America and September 27 in Europe. Laharl returns as a full-fledged Overlord, though he'll have to prove his worth to the Netherwold to truly claim his title, but he'll have Etna and Flonne by his side to help him along the way.
NIS America, who are localizing Disgaea D2 for international release, offered up this following key features list:
- Enhanced Customization: The character creation system has been completely revamped to allow for the highest level of character customization in series history!
- Master/Pupil System: The player chooses the master and the pupil, as well as which skills to learn! Benefits include new skills and higher weapon proficiencies for the pupil, while the master gets a stat boost!
- Item World: Challenge this battleground to power up your weapons, items, and characters! Prepare to deal massive damage!
- Geo Panels: These status-altering blocks provide bonuses or detriments to the terrain! Change the tide of battle by skillfully manipulating these elemental icons!
- Reunite with old friends and meet a new crew: Bringing back the fan favorite trio of Laharl, Etna, and Flonne, with new characters and a brand-new story!
It'll be good to get the ol' crew together, after all the original Disgaea is quite literally the title that built now five main series games, five spin-offs and an anime. Will the original crew even be shadows of the characters I remember? While I truly doubt it, I can't help but faithfully retain my excitement despite it. However these new characters represent themselves, it'll be good.
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness releases exclusively on October 8 in North America and September 27. It's good to return to the beginning!