Rockstar decided to release a Q&A today answering some of what they felt were the most often asked questions from the Grand Theft Auto V community. What do you know, some of the most popular questions were when will we see gameplay? Rockstar doubled down, promising the first official gameplay video is "on its way" and will be released "soon." On top of that, GTA V's multiplayer mode, titled Grand Theft Auto Online, will also be unveiled this summer. There's so much to cover in two months! I can't wait.
Here are some of the other highlights from the Rockstar Q&A:
- No more delays.
- Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions still all Rockstar is willing to confirm, potential PC and next-gen releases will have to wait for September 17 to pass before even being addressed.
- Both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Grand Theft Auto V will have mandatory installs due to the size of the game. Xbox 360 version will come on two discs.
- Weapon upgrades and "very deep" car customization confirmed.
- Double-sided map included with every game.
- Multiplayer will have cheat detection and prevention.
- Grand Theft Auto V features the ability to swap between characters in real-time, but while you're playing one character the others will continue to live their lives as they choose. Don't be surprised if you jump into a character doing something... unexpected.
- You can't kill a playable character with another.
Grand Theft Auto V will be launching on September 17 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.