Unfortunately, Steam's Greenlight program has turned into a rather depressing place where many small games toil endlessly searching for votes. Thus it's up to the community of developers to band together and help each other get the attention they deserve. Introducing the first Greenlight Supershow, a 13+ hour livestream showcasing over 25 games with tons of gameplay, dev commentary and giveaways starting June 29 at 7:30AM PT/10:30AM ET.
Legend of Dungeon developer Robot<3Kitty's Calvin Goble will be running the show, playing the games and chatting with devs. Each game gets a 30-minute block to show off what they've got in what's being termed an, "unprofessional fun-time BONANZA." Robot<3Kitty would like to clarify beforehand that The Greenlight Supershow is BYOC (bring your own cake).
Here's the schedule as it currently stands along with each game to be played:
- PRESHOW - 7:30 AM PT/10:30 AM EST
- Chasm - 8:00 AM PT/11:00 AM EST
- Skyder Arcade - 8:30 AM PT/11:30 AM EST
- Ray's the Dead - 9:00 AM PT/12:00 PM EST
- Castaway Paradie - 9:30 AM PT/12:30 PM EST
- Fly'n - 10:00 AM PT/1:00 PM EST (Greenlit Game Break)
- Forced - 10:30 AM PT/1:30 PM EST
- BROFORCE - 11:00 AM PT/2:00 PM EST
- Dukes and Dirigibles - 11:30 AM PT/2:30 PM EST
- Girls Like Robots - 12:00 PM PT/3:00 PM EST
- The Stanley Parable - 12:30 PM PT/3:30 PM EST (Greenlit Game Break)
- ??? - 1:00 PM PT/4:00 PM EST
- Rollers of the Realm - 1:30 PM PT/4:30 PM EST
- Escape Goat - 2:00 PM PT/5:00 PM EST
- GoD Factory - Wingmen - 2:30 PM PT/5:30 PM EST
- Black Annex - 3:00 PM PT/6:00 PM EST
- McPixel - 3:30 PM PT/6:30 PM EST (Greenlit Game Break)
- Delver's Drop - 4:00 PM PT/7:00 PM EST
- Signs of Life - 4:30 PM PT/7:30 PM EST
- Paranautical Activity - 5:00 PM PT/8:00 PM EST
- McDROID - 5:30 PM PT/8:30 PM EST
- Dino Run SE - 6:00 PM PT/9:00 PM EST
- Hoodwink [series] - 6:30 PM PT/9:30 PM EST
- 8BitMMO - 7:00 PM PT/10:00 PM EST
- Retrobooster - 7:30 PM PT/10:30 PM EST
- InFlux - 8:00 PM PT/11:00 PM EST
- Tower of Guns - 8:30 PM PT/11:30 PM EST
Damn, that's a whole lot of games, right? It's rather intimidating, even. I think I'll make it my goal to sit through the entire thing just because I don't feel like I know about most of these games half as much as they deserve.
Seriously, this sounds like an outstanding idea. Most of these games can't afford big advertising campaigns, fancy trailers, PR or constant social media updates. They find their success through word of mouth and the strength of our community. United we stand and all that jazz. I learned that from 80's Saturday morning cartoons and it has gotten me this far.
Tune in to The Greenlight Supershow June 29 starting at 7:30AM PT/10:30AM ET live on Robot<3Kitty's Twitch channel. I promise, you won't regret it.