Hey everyone. While we've been on the show floor meandering about aimlessly, starved and wondering if we'll ever see the light of day again, Game Freak and Nintendo have been releasing a ton of new Pokemon X and Y news. Yesterday two trailer were released along with a Q and A sessions with developers, then today details from the latest issue of CoroCoro magazine hit. Oh, and then there were some details like the New Fairy type on Monday morning. I don't know what to do with all of these Pokemon. You take them.
Nintendo Direct: During Tuesday's Nintendo Direct it was revealed that like many were speculating, Pokemon X and Y will be adding a new Fairy type. These Pokemon, some new and some old, will be super effective against dragons. The Pokemon now shown to be Fairy type are Gardevoire (Psychic/Fairy), Jigglypuff (Normal/Fairy), Marill and Sylveon. Two new Pokemon were also shown:
- Noivern: Has a move named Boomburst that damages all nearby Pokemon with a powerful sound.
- Vivillion: Evolves from Spewpa.
New to Pokemon X and Y is the feature Pokemon-amie, a punny feature that lets trainers interact directly with their Pokemon by petting them or feeding them for example. That Snorlax sure loved getting his ears scratched.
Finally, an official launch date! We knew Pokemon X and Y would be coming in October, but now we know it'll be October 12 -- worldwide.
Two Gameplay Trailers: After the Nintendo Direct event two new trailer for Pokemon X and Y went live. The trailers feature several Pokemon confirmations in addition to a couple features. You can watch both trailers below. The first trailer features three Pokemon, the bird Talonflame, the seahorse Skrelp, and the lobster-like Clauncher. In terms of features, we're talking "Sky Battles" and "Horde Battles".
Pokemon X and Y Developer Roundtable: Here's a short list of the main features discussed during the developer roundtable Q&A:
- Players will be able to choose languages in-game, between English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, and Korean. Oh, the joys of no voiceover files.
- PSS will allow players to search locally or globally (via Wi-Fi) to battle or trade.
- Three tiers of social levels, Friends, Acquaintances and those you Pass By. People can be promoted all the way up to Friends as you interact. Game holds up to 100 Friends.
- Skrelp is a Poison/Water Pokemon. and can learn Sludge Bomb.
- Clauncher is a Water Pokemon, and can learn Crabhammer.
- Rhyhorn is a ridable Pokemon.
- Horde encounters are 5 on 1 fights and may include Pokemon of multiple species.
- Only flying Pokemon and Levitators can participate.
- Talonflame is a Fire type, evolves from Fletchling and can learn Brave Bird.
- Still only one save file.
- IVs and EVs more visible.
CoroCoro Magazine: A few new Pokemon are revealed, though keep in mind their names are in Japanese and will likely be renamed for western release.The big news, however, is the reveal of Pokemon X and Y's first Gym Leader! Named Viola, she appears to be a Bug type Gym Leader. Also, the starting town is referred to as Asame Townm where Sana, Tieruno and Toroboa live. As you just move their, you'll meet the townsfolk and begin your quest. The opposing gender character to your main is named Callum/Serena. Also, a Rhyhorn lives in your garden.
- Vivillian's pre-evolutions are Kofukimushi and Kofuurai (which could be Spewpa over here).
- The lion cub Pokemon with the mohawk is named Shishiko and is Fire/Normal, also has the move Battle Cry.
- The flower is Furabebe, a Fairy-type that knows the move Fairy Wind.
That's all the Pokemon news for now! Sorry for putting it all together in this rushed format, but it's the best I can do given the time I've got. Thanks for understanding, and get hyped for Pokemon X and Y on October 12.