Kalypso and Gaming Minds Studios are bringing their unique mix of strategy/simulation gameplay to Venice. Introducing Rise of Venice, a trading simulation and strategy title where players take on the role of a young merchant trying to build a trading empire. However, this is Venice, this is the Renaissance, and treachery and political intrigue are just as deadly as pirates and the economy. Expect unbelievably complex depth.
Here's a list of the Rise of Venice's main features, as provided by Kalypso:
- Experience a compelling story full of intrigue and treason in Venice at the time of the Renaissance
- Trade a variety of goods in the most important cities of the time such as Rome, Alexandria, Constantinople and Athens.
- With your own family tree you can interact with your family members, send them on missions and watch how the power of your family grows over time.
- Meet other important families who are pulling the strings in Venice’s government and influence political decisions yourself.
- Build your own production facilities and trading fleets
- Take fate into your own hands and test your skills in furious sea battles
- Multiplayer mode for up to 4 players via LAN and Internet
Gaming Minds' previous games include Port Royale 3 and Patrician IV, but really their experience goes back through to the original releases of each of those franchises. These folk know what they're doing -- they're masters at blowing your mind with questions like, "What am I even doing?" , "Is a game?" and, "Did I just lose? I have no idea what winning really means."
Rise of Venice will be made available digitally for PC in Q3 later this year. Expect more information on the game to be released over E3 and beyond.