The wait for more Guild Wars 2 content will be over soon. ArenaNet today announced Dragon Bash, a special event set to begin June 11 when the mess in Southsun is resolved. Thank God, because I really can't look at another Karka without throwing up in my mouth a little.
So what can you do during the Dragon Bash? Check it:
- Bash the Dragon: Look for holographic projectors scattered all across Tyria during the celebration. These mini-projector devices contain hologram minions which can drop a Dragon Bash surprise… a Dragon Coffer! Starting June 18, you’ll also find dragon effigies all across Tyria during Dragon Bash. Perform a ritual dance and light the effigy to receive a temporary boost!
- Dragon Ball: The ancient Tyrian pastime of Dragon Ball returns! Teams of players test their Dragon Ball skills against one another in this fast-paced game of skill and reflexes. Get ready to dodge!
- Moa Racing: Pick the fastest moa! Farshore Ward in Lion’s Arch is the site of fast and furious Moa Racing, where you can bet on your favorite moa racers!
- Dragon Pinatas: In major cities around Tyria, you’ll find dragon piñatas strung up in honor of the festival. Break these open to receive tasty Dragon Bash candy!
- Dragon Bash Fireworks (June 14-17): Watch the skies above Lion’s Arch come alive with an explosive fireworks show every night in-game. The fireworks begin at 9AM PDT on Friday, June 14 and will go off every two hours until 12PM PDT Monday, June 17. Stay through the spectacular finale and receive a unique festival helm – The Horns of the Dragon!
- Dragon Effigy Lighting Ceremony (June 18): Join the Captain’s Council and other dignitaries as they light dragon effigies in the Grand Piazza of Lion’s Arch starting June 18. Hosted by the jovial Magnus the Bloody Handed, this ceremony will be full of merriment and surprises.
In terms of rewards, some will be easier to acquire than others. For participating in the fireworks show (takes place every two hours), you'll get a unique dragon helmet. Special Holographic Dragon Wings (backpiece skin) will be rewarded as a rare drop in the Dragon Ball Arena and throughout Tyria. These can also be traded for Dragon Bash candy corn. Holographic Shattered Dragon Wings will be earnable through the Dragon Bash Meta Achievement.
Dragon Coffers will also be dropping throughout the event, which reward "treats," fireworks, a hologram minion mini, and vouchers for Dragon's Jade weapon skins. You know, like the Fused skins from the Molten Alliance saga? Yeah, that. Hopefully, the Dragon Bash coffers will have a better drop rate. At least this time players won't need to buy damn keys to open rewards chests.
Lastly, you'll be able to earn a helmed moa mini using vouchers earned from the Moa Racing activity.