It's not rare for a publisher to release a list of game's they'll be showing at E3. It is rare that they use it to announce games. Such is the case for Tecmo Koei whose list of six games include two localizations previously unannounced for North America. Introducing Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland, a PS Vita port of the PS3 exclusive RPG, and Toukiden, a Monster Hunter inspired title also exclusive to the PS Vita.
Those aren't the only two games that Tecmo Koei will be showing off at E3, however. Here are all six games that fans can expect localized from September through early 2014:
- Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland - PSV / September 3 – Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland is the next installment in the popular series from famed developer Gust. Atelier Meruru Plus adds new elements of land development to the RPG and simulation game system, providing additional depth and gameplay in this anime-style adventure. In addition, extra content and features are packed in including new costumes, new endings, and all the DLC from the PS3 version. Fans will have an opportunity to see what unfolds in this third and final game in the Arland series.
- Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - PS3, 360 / September 3 - Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate heightens the signature Dead or Alive fighting style with the inclusion of new modes from Dead or Alive 5 Plus, dynamic new stages, and deadly new fighters to deliver the ultimate in fighting entertainment. Players will take on the roles of their favorite Dead or Alive fighters—as well as combatants new to the franchise—in an intense, action-packed brawler set in visually striking locations from around the world.
- Dynasty Warriors 8 - PS3, 360 / July 16 - Dynasty Warriors 8 returns to the kingdoms of Wei, Wu, Shu, and Jin, through the actions of historical military and political figures of the time, as they fight to gain control over the Three Kingdoms of China. The much loved series takes one step further, merging numerous replay elements such as multi-endings and extra modes with synergies between action and game systems. With all new enhancements to Story Mode, new scenarios, new and returning characters, and more, Dynasty Warriors 8 promises to offer fans the most complete Warriors experience to date.
- Toukiden - PSV / Q4 2013 – Toukiden takes Tecmo Koei’s expertise in historically themed games to an expansive fantasy world influenced by historical and traditional Japanese elements. Developed by the same studio that created the famed Dynasty Warriors series, this all-new franchise casts players in the role of a demon-fighting Slayer. Starting from the Utakata Village headquarters where they will accept quests, players will venture out to battle monstrous and deadly Oni (demons) before they destroy all of humanity.
- Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z - PS3, 360 / Early 2014 – In Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, players will battle fierce zombies as Yaiba, a cyborg ninja who will do anything to get revenge and stay alive. Cleaved in two, he is brought back to life with cyber-technology. Brandishing his ninja sword and the mecha weapons in his cyborg arm, he slaughters zombies with brutal, over-the-top abandon. Step into a stylized living comic book where stunning graphics depict a world gone mad.
E3 2013 runs June 11 through 13 and if you're interested in getting some impressions of any of these titles from Tecmo Koei, please let us know.