Sins of a Solar Empire players are kings among men in my book. It really doesn't get any more epic than spreading a galactic empire across the stars, colonizing planets and creating the greatest space armada to have ever been known. Of course, more is always better, so it's great to hear that Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion will be getting its first DLC pack, "Forbidden Worlds," on June 5 for only $4.99.
Here's a quick summary of the circumstances unfolding in Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, going into the DLC:
"The war between the loyalists and the rebels within the TEC, Advent and Vasari continues within the depths of Trader Space. Yet, this sector of the galaxy has far more worlds and history than any of the factions are aware. The need to survive forces each to expand into the unknown, discovering worlds of hazard, wealth, risk, and mystery. Most ominously, the Trader factions have been loathe to expand to these worlds due to the dark myths that surround them."
Ah, how gloriously and appropriately nerdy it is to read the above summary. Quite a simple premise, really. War borders expanding into new territory is a perfectly reasonable thing to happen given the scale of the battles. Capitalizing on the mystery of the unknown especially stirs that classic Star Trek nostalgia inside of me. How indeed will Forbidden Worlds provide us access to these wondrous new worlds?
Here's a short list of features to be included in the Forbidden Worlds DLC:
- Four new planet types to colonize and exploit (Barren, Ferrus, Greenhouse, Oceanic), each created with beautiful high-res textures.
- New Planet Specialization System: Dedicate your worlds to either social or industrial output. Devoting your planet to social improvements will increase its population and culture, at the cost of trade income and ship production. Choosing an industrial path will limit your growth and culture, but make your planet a trading and ship building powerhouse.
- 15 new research subjects allow the races to conquer and expand onto the forbidden worlds.
- Discover 40 new planet bonuses during your exploration of the galaxy, unlocking the dark past of the Sins’ universe.
- Unlock five new Steam Achievements and display your mastery of forbidden space!
Check out Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion's first DLC pack on June 5. Forbidden Worlds will only cost $4.99, a small price to colonize any number of new worlds.