Hey, Neoseeker. We're trying out a weekend feature where we sort of recap the main stories of the week. Feel free to check it out in case you missed something. I would also appreciate any ideas or feedback with respect to the content and structure of the feature. We've talked about re-posting individual stories over social media, sending out a newsletter, but I figured starting with a feature like this would be a good starting point. Thanks to everyone who reads our stuff week after week. Much <3 from our small team.
Has modern mainstream gaming forgotten what it means to make a true horror title? What does it mean when true terror is found in the most unlikeliest of places? Check out Lydia Sung's take on where horror has gone wrong in recent months, and where she's finding solace in the meantime.
When word started to spread about a spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, it was difficult to believe. "Am I going crazy?" I asked myself. "Yes, I am," another me whispered back. Shadow of the Eternals isn't official yet, as it'll need a rumored $1.5 million in crowdfunding to ensure its development.
The Aliens: Colonial Marines scandal continues. Months after the game's release and countless threads and comments posted online have resulted in a lawsuit claiming Sega and Gearbox released misleading advertising for the game. The specific material referenced includes a demo of the game shown to the press that was much higher in quality and contained content that was missing from the final version.
- NPD study claims 5% increase in online gaming population
- TimeGate Studios, co-developers of Aliens: Colonial Marines, files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Wii U hackers claim console has been unlocked, announce product to run pirated games
- Lawsuit between EA and Madden creator goes to trial
- Sony executives forego bonuses
This week's most popular trailer, oddly enough, was Watch_Dogs' reintroduction to protagonist Aiden Pearce. "Out of Control" doesn't introduce any new features, or even really convey any new information about the game, but it does remind us that Watch_Dogs may very well be the most exciting next-gen title we've yet been shown.
While the trio of Grand Theft Auto V protagonist trailers didn't get the interest of as many people as Watch_Dogs' trailer did, it did stir up the most conversation of the week. Everyone is talking about Grand Theft Auto V and the return to Los Santos. You've got to wonder, however, if the game's launch being on the verge of a change in console generations will negatively effect it. ... ... Nahhhhh.
- Metro: Last Light - Redemption
- Star Wars: The Old Republic - Cathar
- Killer is Dead - Mondo Ladies
- Rayman Legends - Eye of the Tiger
- Remember Me - Memory
- BioShock Infinite DLC has an all new AI companion
- Batgirl will be Injustice: Gods Among Us' second DLC companion (Confirmed!)
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PC, PS3, 360)
- Guild Wars 2 "Flame & Frost" update (PC)
- Fez (PC)
- Heroes of Might & Magic Heroes VI: Shades of Darkness (PC)
- Neverwinter (free-to-play open beta, PC)
- Ragnarok Online 2 (free-to-play open beta, PC)
- Zeno Clash 2 (PC)
- Strike Suit Infinity (PC)
- Jack Lumber (PC)
- Mini Motor Racing EVO (PC)
- Leviathan Warships (PC)
- Zack Zero (PC)