If you're looking for more things to do in Guild Wars 2, then consider today your lucky day. With the latest "Flame & Frost" update, players can head to either Wayfarer or Diessa (early norn and charr areas, respectively) to start the Molten Weapons Facility dungeon, and aid Braham and Rox in their assault against the Molten Alliance.
Yes, finally, something awesome and dynamic. But this is ArenaNet's first living story thing, so we'll the odd pacing of updates slide.
Anyway, here are a few details for the new dungeon, which unfortunately will only be available until May 12.
- The Vigil has pinpointed the first of what may be several entrances to the weapons facilities where the Molten Alliance has been creating their fearsome technologies.
- The Molten Weapons Facility is a level-80 single-path dungeon experience where players fight alongside Rox Whetstone and Braham Eirsson.
- All players who enter are scaled up to level 80.
- Entrances to the Molten Weapons Facility change over time as new locations are found.
- Information on the map where the dungeon is located is in the Living World UI on the top right of the screen.
- A wide variety of new and unique rewards are available by defeating the challenging encounters within.
- This content is available from April 30 to May 12.
Of course, Achievement whores have new ones to go after. I hope you've been keeping up with the living story Achievements so far, though, because if not, you're going to need to do some backtracking.
The Black Lion store has also been updated to include Braham and Rox's weapon skins, which no doubt many people will be happy to throw their money away on. Hey, I won't judge. They are pretty rad-looking, though I would've liked to see them used as rewards for completing the living story chapters.
Now, for PVP. Custom arenas are now in beta, and once they're made available to the public, players can purchase them with gems. Spectator mode, however, is now a thing. New skins have been added to WvW, along with other changes. Below, you'll find a full list of the new PVP and Guild features and content:
NEW FEATURES AND CONTENT
Structured Player vs. Player
- Custom arenas!
- Soon, you’ll be able to host private matches, hone your skills, and build your own community in rentable custom PvP arenas!
- Initially, renting a custom arena will be available on an invitation basis, but custom arena play and spectator mode will be available to all PvP players.
- Once this feature leaves beta, the ability to run a custom arena will be available to any player as a gem purchase.
- Spectator mode!
- View any non-tournament match in real time from several fixed camera locations or from the perspective of players in the match.
- Inspect the statistics, equipment, traits, and skills of players you are watching.
- If spectator mode is enabled on an arena, players can select which team they are on when the map begins.
- Map pings and drawing now work for your team instead of only your party.
- Clicking the score UI at the top of the screen opens the scoreboard.
- The PvP browser now provides filtering options and favorites for custom arenas.
World vs. World
- Added the following rare weapon skin sets to the Weapon Master:
- Added new abilities:
- Arrow Cart Mastery
- Increase range on all arrow-cart skills.
- Increase damage on all arrow-cart skills.
- Increase effectiveness of applied conditions.
- Increase radius on all arrow-cart skills
- New skill (slot 4): Toxic Unveiling Shot. Removes stealth and applies poison to targets.
- Guard Killer
- All Guard Killer bonuses now also apply to enemy lords and supervisors.
- 7% damage to guards, lords, and supervisors.
- Gain endurance after killing guards, lords, and supervisors.
- 10% damage to guards, lords, and supervisors.
- Add 1 stack of Guard Leech on killing a guard, lord, or supervisor.
- Guard Leech: Gain health when attacking guards, lords, or supervisors.
- Added the following guild siege weapons as rewards for completing guild missions:
- Arrow cart
- Added WvW Rank progress to the WvW Dashboard UI (see top center of the screen while in WvW).
- Siege weapons provide World XP when destroyed.
- Siege weapons placed by Commander Siegerazer and Commander Siegecrusher now provide XP and World XP when destroyed.
- Players now receive World XP for repairing gates and walls in WvW.
- Players now receive World XP for defending supply dolyaks from ambushes in WvW.
- Moved guild-mission information from Upgrades to its own tab.
- Guild treks now award influence on successful completion:
- Tier 1 awards 400 influence.
- Tier 2 awards 500 influence.
- Tier 3 awards 700 influence.
- Added 30 new guild-trek targets across Tyria.
- Added a new guild rush near Talabaroop Waves in Frostgorge Sound.
- Added new guild banner back-slot items to the guild commendation vendor.
- Half-Baked Komali’s fire shield now applies vulnerability to attackers instead of might and stability to herself.
- Reduced the possible spawning area and count of Sottz the Scallywag’s barrels.
- Sottz the Scallywag no longer despawns too fast after being discovered.
- Sottz the Scallywag’s barrels can no longer be destroyed by players who do not have him targeted by their current mission.
- “Hiding” bounty targets will now appear when a majority of their spawn locations have been searched.
- “Ambushing” bounty targets such as Big Mayana will no longer despawn as fast as standard targets.
- Corrected the Guild Truncheon’s price from 3 gold + 7 commendations to 3 gold + 5 commendations.
If you're more interested in any bug fixes, the official Guild Wars 2 website has those listed as well. Have a look-see, and happy hunting. Remember to spend your gems responsibly.