Of course Deadpool would have pre-order incentives, but they are mostly DLC that will likely come later as paid content. Nothing too special. Oh, and Activision will be hosting a special launch party at the GameStop with the most Deadpool pre-orders.
Yes, that last part is actually true. The publisher is holding a contest of sorts among the GameStop outlets over here in the States (sorry, Canada). The rules seem fairly simple: the GameStop store with the most pre-orders gets a midnight launch party paid for by Activision. Deadpool will be making an appearance during the shindig, too.
But if you don't care about hanging out with your fellow Deadpool fans at a GameStop late at night, here's the other stuff being offered with a GameStop/EB reservation:
- “Merc with a Map Pack” DLC for Deadpool Challenge mode: "GRT Plaza," "Inside the Tower"
- Two bonus costumes: the D-Pooly and Uncanny X-Force suits, only for use in the unlockable Infinite mode where your stats are tracked on a global leaderboard.
- Exclusive digital wallpaper for PowerUp Rewards members featuring, who else – Deadpool. (U.S. only!)
If you'd rather go with Amazon.com as you're pre-order place, here's what you'll get:
- A $5 Amazon credit towards select Marvel graphic novels (better be a Deadpool novel).
- An exclusive digital wallpaper and digital cover sleeve, because what are you doing not staring at Deadpool's sculpted body every waking moment of the day?
And for everyone else, the game will be out on June 25 for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. The console versions will be just $50, and the PC version should be $40. Not bad.